Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car vibration..

car vibration..

Hi guys I got a 2006 accord euro luxury auto..111000 on the clock..there is a slight vibration when the car drives around 60kmph..looks like when it is in the 4th gear..The RPM gets really low and starts to vibrate.. Any reasons for this..what I thought was there maybe a miss or something..When this happens if I put the gear on tiptronic then the RPM increases and drives normally

I might have found the answer

Is this the graphite one you bought for 17500 from a laby in eastern Melbourne suburbs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    I know of this vibration. Happens to me sometimes on 2nd gear cruising at 30km/hr ish.. I think its common for Euros to do this since my gf's 06 euro vibrates around that too. Just accelerate more and it'll go away. I haven't found a solution to it however..

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    a friend of mine had vibrations and his mechanic spent ages trying to find the problem. eventually replaced the driveshaft. problem went away.
    don't know if yours is the same problem, but worth mentioning i guess.

Yeah i ll take it to the mechanic..also there is a bad smell coming from the car when driving for sometime..as if the car is farting..

anyone got an idea of that smell.its like a rotten egg smell..

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    you posted this twice blue... its common in Cl9s... its the driveshaft housing... ive got a post on here somewhere... all due to honda saving money... thats all =D (thanks honda) but it is fixable just costs around 250 each side... if your from sydney...

Quote Originally Posted by minircc View Post
    a friend of mine had vibrations and his mechanic spent ages trying to find the problem. eventually replaced the driveshaft. problem went away.
    don't know if yours is the same problem, but worth mentioning i guess.

if you put another factory euro on it will come back.... =(
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    anyone got an idea of that smell.its like a rotten egg smell..
    It's the sulfur in the petrol reacting in the cat convertor, causing it to produce a bit of H2S which gives the rotting egg sell. What petrol are you using? Use a different brand or go to a different petrol station. If you are using 95 RON, try 98 RON as it usually has a bit more detergent in it. Either that or you have a dead animal stuck under your car.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

haha..thanx guys..ive been using normal octane..i think its 90...i might change to 98..

Yeah ive realised that ive posted this twice

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Should be using premium unleaded (95 RON) in the euro =)

yep from today I started using it..Thanks guys