Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car vibration..

Yea i have the same problem in my CL9. Guess I will have to replace the drive shaft.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I've noticed something similar; it's not an audible vibration though...

...I just put it to the fact that I was in 4th gear and driving slowly (60km) uphill... if driving manual you'd get the same thing...

correct me if I'm wrong, but for sake of not spending money, I hope I'm not!

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's the sulfur in the petrol reacting in the cat convertor, causing it to produce a bit of H2S which gives the rotting egg sell. What petrol are you using? Use a different brand or go to a different petrol station. If you are using 95 RON, try 98 RON as it usually has a bit more detergent in it. Either that or you have a dead animal stuck under your car.

ive been using 98RON petrol either bp ultimate, caltex vortex premium but i still get the smell everytime i step out of the car... my friend reckons the cat needs replacing but im not too sure... i just walk away from the car as quick as possible

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerockets View Post
    ive been using 98RON petrol either bp ultimate, caltex vortex premium but i still get the smell everytime i step out of the car... my friend reckons the cat needs replacing but im not too sure... i just walk away from the car as quick as possible
    Your friend is probably right about replacing the cat.Go to a decent muffler shop and get it checked out.

Maybe the transmission fluid is in need of changing? My 05 euro done 110,000km was vibrating at very low rpm and it turned out to be the dirty old transmission fluid.