whistling noise driving me crazy H22A

am getting a high pitched whistling noise from my H22A engine, it only happens when the engine is at idle, as soon as the rev change, the noise goes away. i can't pin point where the noise is coming from, when driving is fine, no noise at all, and only happens when the car is warm and at idle, the engine is stock and nothing was changed, the noise started a week ago, anyone had this issue before?
    Last edited by eg6sir; 18-08-2010 at 05:00 PM.

i had something similar, when i was going but no acceleartion at a set point id get a whistling noise, i checked it out on of the bearings was ****ed, nothing to major to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by zanza34 View Post
    i had something similar, when i was going but no acceleartion at a set point id get a whistling noise, i checked it out on of the bearings was ****ed, nothing to major to worry about
    Thanks for the info, so which bearing should i be looking at replaceing? the noise is very annoyning, i can't really leave it like that.

could it be coming from a power steering belt? try WD-40 that belt a bit. i had the same problem, which came from the power steering
    btw it was on a F22b1

Quote Originally Posted by butter View Post
    could it be coming from a power steering belt? try WD-40 that belt a bit. i had the same problem, which came from the power steering
    btw it was on a F22b1
    The engine doesn't have power steering or air conditioning, the crank pulley is only driving one item which is the alternator. the high pitched noise only appear at constant idle at around ~750, it will disappear if RPM is increased or decreased even by 100 RPM.