Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT

do i need a type r bottom end for my b16a

hey
    i tried searching but mayb i didnt use the right keywords becuase nothing came up
    just wondering if any b18 bottom end will fit on my b16a head or do i need a type r bottom end to make it work? internals dont really matter much because i will be changing them, i would go b20 but iv herd that they arnt as relyable as b18 bottoms
    Last edited by ninzee; 20-08-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: wording
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

ey yeah im pretty sure u can bolt on a b18c block onto your b16a however im pretty sure if its a b18b block you have to run oil from the bottom end to the head which u can get kits for.

if im wrong someone correct me but im pretty sure thats how it goes

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If you're doing away with the B16A bottom you should probably go with a VTEC B18 bottom for strength and oil setup. B20 takes a lot more work I've heard and it has to be built properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    yea thats what i herd to dougie thats why im a little sceptical about doing it cause i need my car as a daily can i use my b16a gear box or will it be too shit
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ninzee View Post
    yea thats what i herd to dougie thats why im a little sceptical about doing it cause i need my car as a daily can i use my b16a gear box or will it be too shit
    what did you herd?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by ninzee View Post
    You're B16A GBox will be fine, direct bolt-on. I think lots of people underestimate the B16A GBox but it's a great box for mixed daily/track driving. If you wanna flog it off let me know! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    what did you herd?
    That the non-VTEC B-series bottom ends aren't strong enough to handle VTEC power, and that a B20VTEC can go very wrong if it's not built properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I think its kinda good people have these myths about b20's, b18b's means more power for us lol

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    You're B16A GBox will be fine, direct bolt-on. I think lots of people underestimate the B16A GBox but it's a great box for mixed daily/track driving. If you wanna flog it off let me know! lol.
    yea i know that :P apparantly a 4.4 fd will be bad for it. is that right?
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    I think its kinda good people have these myths about b20's, b18b's means more power for us lol
    how do u figure lol i agree that if made properly b20s can be very good though
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    That the non-VTEC B-series bottom ends aren't strong enough to handle VTEC power, and that a B20VTEC can go very wrong if it's not built properly.
    hehehe dougie, i was just messing with him because of his spelling. herd as in a sheep herder, herd of cows etc.
    hehe.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    lol sorry next time i'll use the right spelling
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    if your going to upgrade might aswell get a 4.9fd .