Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 1992

Removing AC Reg and Fan in EG4

Hi just wondering if someone has or is doing a DIY on completely removing a AC unit in a EG4. I want to remove mine but just not sure how to. Got a ruff Idea but id thought I see if anyone has done one.

Removing the Regulator, AC ac and all the pipe work. I know you gotta get it de gassed as the Gas is deadly or something.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    just park it down the park, open the relief valve for the gas and run away she'll be right
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Get it de-gassed professionally by a proper AC workshop. Releasing refigerant into the atmosphere is HIGHLLY illegal and damages the Ozone layer. If you are caught doing it be prepared to sell your car to pay off the fine....

once it has been degassed go nuts and just start removing all the hoses and the compressor etc. you will have to buy a block of plate that the hoses go through the firewall once you have taken everything out.

heres the plate im talking about

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...arts-*JDMyard*

-EG/EK/DC2 firewall AC block off rubber plate $30
    Last edited by grifty; 20-08-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 1992
    Thanks for that grifty... Yeah I knew the gas was bad some way or another. At work we got an AC machine so that part will be free haha. Thanks for the link.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono Civic View Post
    Hi just wondering if someone has or is doing a DIY on completely removing a AC unit in a EG4. I want to remove mine but just not sure how to. Got a ruff Idea but id thought I see if anyone has done one.

Removing the Regulator, AC ac and all the pipe work. I know you gotta get it de gassed as the Gas is deadly or something.

Thanks
    Jono, you should get yourself a copy of this
    when you wanna DIY your EG and need to know how to, check that first. it's a must for DIYers.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre