Clutch and Suspension Labour costs (CD5)

Hey guys, Just trying to plan a bit of financials here,
    in 6 months I'm gonna need a new clutch and 12 months new shocks.
    I'm probably going to buy the parts myself so i get to shop around and get what i'm after, but I just need to know an estimate on labour?

I know clutch is a fair big Job, how about the shocks? Any heads up would be appreciated, Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord
    clutch isnt a huge job man, most workshops should be able to turn it over in 3-4 hours, the shockies should take 2 hours tops to replace, so depending on hourly rates where you are you can sort of work it out,

hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ceedeefive View Post
    clutch isnt a huge job man, most workshops should be able to turn it over in 3-4 hours, the shockies should take 2 hours tops to replace, so depending on hourly rates where you are you can sort of work it out,

hope this helps
    hourly rate is abt $70 average i rkn.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Sweet, that's good news. I generally do all the I.T / Network maintainence for my Mechanics workshop / home so in return he looks after my car.

Now to part 2. I've already got a clutch in mind that I want, so what are some good springs? I want to make it a bit lower but not heaps as I want to keep the comfort

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & Liberty
    excedy HD clutch when you are doing that you might as well get a lighter flywheel. springs... cheap ones go for king springs...

Just getting a standard Excedy as I've got no engine Mods, What would a lighter flywheel do?

A lighter flywheel to a point will allow the engine to rev faster (less mass to move) but by the same token it will also decrease the available torque for same engine revs.
    Prolly not worth the cost since your looking at standard clutch & no engine mods.

JDM all the way for shocks & springs (KYB are affordable) & leave King springs to Falcodores & GTi's. Given the ones in them have lasted the best part of 15 years & 180000lms why look to anything less. If you must go locally, Whiteline use to be very good when it came to sorting Honda suspensions.

Its great you have a plan ahead, so do some research on the forum about CD suspension upgrades.

Good luck with it