Thread: help exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'

help exhaust

hey guys and ladies, just want help and what type of exhaust to get?
    better off to get one from liverpool exhaust (full for 1100)
    or get like the headers and hiflow cat from ebay and the rest at livo exhaust.?
    its for an ATTS model 1999 so i know that if i buy one from ebay there will be small modifications that will have to be done, i think to the B pipe but im not 100% sure on this.
    also want to know what type of gains?
    i got the pod so wanna nkow thanks.
    ACTIVE TORQUE TRANSFER SYSTEM

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    59 views and no reply/help??? thats sad
    ACTIVE TORQUE TRANSFER SYSTEM

use search, this would have been covered many many times,

ebay stuff is cheap i personally wouldnt buy exhaust parts from there unless its a known brand name and your sure its genuine..
    liverpool exhaust is good but do your homework it will pay off in the end, it all depends on your budget!
    gains will all depend on your budget and type of exhaust you get, 4-1 headers give you top end power whereas 4-2-1 headers give you more mid range..

goodluck!

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    i dnt know much about h series but from my experience ur better off buying a 2nd hand brand name over an exhaust shop, i had a livo exhaust on my civic cost 800 from headers to muffler, the gains wernt very significant it was ceramic too which was a bummer but it did the job, personally if i were you i would look on the sale thead here on ozh theres always good sh!t popping up here and there its just a matter of being pacient, def go high flow cat puts it on normal cats hard its only like an extra 100-200 anyway, do it once do it right as they say, for headers i would go 4-1 since i hear that the h engines have good torque u probably wouldnt require the low end help, you would be more focused on ur top end but once again im a noob at the engine so u can work out that part.
    headers i would suggest ebay if ur budget isnt very high like me lol i got a pair of ebay ones now and there was no modification at all, although ppl say ur gunna need to fix it most come made to fit, you might need to port match but thats simply getting ur old gasket and putting it on the headers and fileing it till it matches up, i just ordered another ebay header 4-1 stainless steel for just over 200 if ud like i can tell u if it needs any modification when i install them.

hope this helpd feel free to pm me with any questions
    another note try not 2 go big to small ie. from 2.5"to 2.25" you will lose pwr and we all know u dont want that

i forgot 2 add dont buy ur hi flow from ebay its not worth it most arnt made to our standards so ur most likely to fail at epa hit up felix from race nation he sells them quite cheap i brought myn off him, my setup which is going in soon is ebay header, x force hi flow and a 2nd hand 5zigen catbak a brought off here in the sale thread havent installed it yet as im waiting on my headers so cant tell if its going to be a gain or not, hopefully it is :P
    cheers
    Last edited by ninzee; 25-08-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: where to buy hi flow
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance