Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Diy centre caps for $30

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: DIY CENTRE CAPS

Required:

• x4 60mm plastic caps
    • x4 Centre Cap Decals
    • Car Wash
    • Wheel Polish
    • Rags

Story:

I recently picked up a set of Enkei RP-01. The previously owner didn't give me any centre caps to go with my wheels. After a quick search on the net with no luck I contacted a few wheels shops to see if they could help me out, again no luck.

I decided to just DIY some centre caps. I bought a set of 60mm blank plastic caps in white aswell as a set of four carbon fibre and silver Enkei centre caps decals all from Ebay. All together the cost including postage was $30.00

Steps:

1. Start by giving your wheels a good cleaning with some car wash. Make sure you get in all the little nooks and crannys.

2. Once the wheels are nice and clean. Give them a thorough dry. Stickers don't like to adhere to water so make sure they are bone dry before continuing.

3. OPTIONAL: Using a good polish. I use alloy Wax. Remove any impurities from your wheels. A little elbow grease and 30mins of your time will have your rims looking brand new.

4. Carefully align the centre caps decals on the 60mm plastic caps, Peel the backing and adhere them to the caps.

5. Voila!!!! These look just as good as the genuine ones going for $$$$$$ on ebay.

6. Install your new centre caps on your wheels. Stand back and enjoy your handy work.

BEFORE

AFTER

I also applied some new Enkei wheel decals to restore my wheels back to their original look.

Enjoy.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

pretty cool
    cant imagine that itll last though
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    fk that looks sick man. great job!!! diy ftmfw
    naturally i finished my set.

diy at its best!

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    where did you buy the blank centre caps?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    where did you buy the blank centre caps?
    This guy VVVVV On Ebay sell em's just chose the right size for your application and off you go. Finding the centre cap decals is even easier just go a quick ebay search.

UK CENTRE CAPS
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    lol chris.. whats this? wheres baller mode? sif have money for sr4's and new enkei rims but you cheap out on the centre caps!! need some Legit centre caps! whats this man haha jk jk good job man gotta get you to come down and do a lil photoshoot with jeremys lil jdm ride now haha ! everyones getting their car in tip top shape ey!! im gonna start to tuck my engine bay next few weeks ;]
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Yer bro, call me anytime and I'll come down for a photoshoot. Even if I have to come to the westside. Lol
    Hay when you do your wire tuck call me. I wanna see how it's all done. That way we do mine aswell some time down the track... Lol

Yer man everyones cars are really coming together.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    Sausage legs
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    pretty cool
    cant imagine that itll last though
    Would a couple of coats of clear coat over the sticker/centre cap then a bit of a polish help it's longevity?

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    yeah it would help and no1 can peel or try to steal it rofl ..
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Excellent!

rePPed.

where to get the plastic caps O_o