Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: type-S?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    That was changed (badge)

The internals weren't the only things changed (ie higher CR pistons, hand ported/polished EX, cams), but also the intake piping design was different.

Noel, anything further to add?

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    buy a vti-r
    err.. bro it's a type-S.. not like the everyday prelude VTi-R's you on the roads every second.. (no offense to VTi-R drivers )

i know the VTi-R is a great car and all but nothing in the prelude generation beats a type-S!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    i was thinking since gen5 ludes are Australian sold that a type-S would be near impossible to import..

"err.. prelude type-S? what's wrong with the ones we got in Australia already? Hell no i'll let you bring that car into my country!!"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Well, their thinking isn't 'way' off track. For example, how an integra VTiR compares to a Type R - the Type S doesn't compare to a lude VTiR in the same way. It's relatively easy to build the VTiR engine to S spec, with an already-supplied ATTS tranny and bobs your uncle, you have a Type S. There's anothing else really different besides some minor interior colours and badge. It'd be cheaper than importing it and you get the same result in the end.

If you still want to import it though, all it takes is money and time really - it should pass emissions easy...

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    This is why I cannot understand there's so much negative feelings around ... I love it when I have to defend myself for my own actions ... Dunno for what? But to answer some of your questions, read clearly because you've alot to learn before you start opening your mouth making endless assumptions.

Az, thanks for standing up for me. I love the "Prelude Brother" love, don't ask me why but having gone through so many Honda communities and alike, the Prelude commuity, regardless of which ... Still holds the true air of how I love all Honda communities should be, the way Honda is discussed/spoken about by the "Prelude Brotherhood" is just nice. 8)

Alright, here we go ...

Quote Originally Posted by azjs
    It's not impossible, but it'll be hella expensive. Plus the Type S features ATTS, I'd rather have the LSD as featured in the SiR.
    As Az's mentioned, in short the "Japan/Reside" method is the most feasible method if you really want to go all out. However, I highly doubt the "turnaround" value and true understanding of why you would do it. If you want to go to that sort of extremes to get a particular JDM model, you might as well aim for the highest ... NA1. But in short, it's not something simple.

Yes, the BB6 Type S features ATTS, not something you can particular "find" useful or "different" on the roads. The true difference can only be spotted on trackuse. Laptimes speak for themselves and that's where ATTS is most useful. While there is a JDM BB8 SiR S Spec featuring the same engine as the JDM BB6 Type S. The SiR S Spec features the same powerplant but with 4WS and LSD instead. This is more rare than a JDM Type S.

Quote Originally Posted by justin
    Hehe that's not the type-s, it's the ozzy ATTS (+ a 20 bucks type-s) badge . Type-Ss have different under front spoiler.
    I'm surprised you can tell so much just by looking at a not very high resolution picture. So Son, can you tell me where I can buy that $20 Type S badge? Cuz I have never seen one even at ricer shops in Sydney. I guess I'm not looking hard enough. :roll:

Yes, Type S has a different front spoiler from other models, and that one you're looking at is the Type S spoiler. Sorry if the angle doesn't show you everything, I didn't take the picture to tell the world it's a Type S. I took it because I felt like it. And if you're gonna ask me next why there is a Type S emblem and an ATTS emblem, I'm gonna tell you that both emblems are supplied by Honda from factory. In case you didn't know, not even Type S Preludes have the front Type S emblem. It's an option for the owner to choose what emblems they want at time of purchase. While not every car has to look the way the factory releases them. Pictures on the net isn't a bible of truth to judge what others have in real life so please don't pass your judgement like it's factual.

Whois the guy that owns every honda under the sun? Type-Ss are not like CTRs, they're part of the normal production run over there so i can't see why a grey importer can't import them.
    Once again, another myth of ignorant non-factual statements. Something for you to remember very clearly, this applies in Australia. In general, if a model (IE - Prelude) is released by a particular manufacturer (IE - Honda), you cannot import the particular car/model as a grey import, but CAN/MAY BE eligible for personal import as it can be purchased locally through the manufacturer. I have not seen a handful of JDM Type S in Australia let alone state the fact it's possible. If you want more information on grey imports, here are some useful links.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.htm
    http://raws.dotars.gov.au/

Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi
    haha blue honda badge stock from factory?
    Genuine Honda Monte Carlo Blue H AP1 emblem ... Yes, from factory. And?

Quote Originally Posted by azjs
    The internals weren't the only things changed (ie higher CR pistons, hand ported/polished EX, cams), but also the intake piping design was different.
    You've pretty much summarized it all up in terms of mechnical differences 8). Besides, the car is sold.

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Quote Originally Posted by n/a
    i know the VTi-R is a great car and all but nothing in the prelude generation beats a type-S!!
    Mechnically, stock vs stock ... The Type S is faster, but only slightly. It's PS not BHP. Besides, you still need basic bolt-on mods to make this a true smooth accelerator.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    cheers AP1!

so theres no "real" difference in engines?

i thought there was.. well i perceived it to be.. well thats what these forums are for! to ask and learn!

as for the importing of cars sold in Australia, i thought so!

i know of only 1 JDM iTR in Aus.. cost him hell of alot. i reckon its all worht it

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1 F20c
    hey Noel, I remember that being ur old ride...correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Quote Originally Posted by n/a
    so theres no "real" difference in engines?
    On paper, yes ... There is a difference, but in reality that 20ps more isn't exactly "significant". Stock S vs stock SiR, you're looking at about 1 car length in acceleration or so. IMO, it's nothing to really hype about, and definitely not worth the trouble/effort going all out hunting one.

Quote Originally Posted by revolution
    hey Noel, I remember that being ur old ride...correct?
    Yup. Once upon a time. ops:

AP1 F20C.... you can get it on ebay SON!

the genuine ones at premium prices like USD16 + cost of shipping....still can't see where on ebay to get it for AUD$20 shipped for genuine? :roll:

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by eknine
    the genuine ones at premium prices like USD16 + cost of shipping....still can't see where on ebay to get it for AUD$20 shipped for genuine? :roll:
    yes i would like to know where u can get it for $20 aswell...

AP1 F20C.... you can get it on ebay SON!:
    And just to let u know "SON", AP1 F20C does not use cheap/imitation shit on any of his cars that could be considered "ricey" if thats what u are trying to imply :roll: . I am sure anyone else on these boards that know AP1 personally can vouch for that.......