Hey guys and girls,

As the title says, I seem to be having problems finding a decent driving position in my 1996 DC4 Integra. I'm only just over 6 foot, and my head is either rubbing on the headliner, or sandwiched between the headliner and sunroof. To make a long story short, it's time for a new car.

I was initially thinking about getting a BA-BF Ford Falcon, but the build quality is terrible, even compared to my Integra, and they use way too much fuel (even on gas).

I also want to give Honda a second chance (I love every other aspect of the Integra - apart from the headroom), and am considering either the Jazz VTi, or the Civic Vi hatch. What are they like, in regards to space, handling, features and modding potential?

I've heard the early Japanese-built Jazzes have problems with the wheel bearings, the CVT (I'll be getting a manual though) and the air conditioner, were these problems fixed with the later-built Japanese models, or the Thai models?

I haven't heard anything bad about the Civic though.

Also, these days, Pickles/Manheim Fowles seem to be selling lots of written-off cars due to hail damage. Is it possible to fix the hail dents by yourself and get it re-registered/insured? Or do they need to be done by an accredited panel-beater? I ask this, because I'm doing a TAFE night course on panel-beating (not accredited), and now know the basics of panel-beating.

Excuse the long post, and the FAILworthy grammar!
Thanks
Avalon Shotkicker (i've really got to change my name)