cbr125r red line?

just a quick noob question.

When is the rev cut out?

is it bad to rev it past 11k which is where the redline starts and goes till 13k

Hey man I had one of these beasts when I was learning. You can redline it but the greater the chance of engine failure. If you absolutely have to (emergency) then don't hold it at those revs and change up as quick as possible. Cause its EFI I'm guessing there is a rev limiter but don't know when that will kick in.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    it's like any motor... they have a redline at which it is recommended to upshift... the fuel cut is there to protect your engine from going kaboom...

You can shift past the redline, i wouldnt do it all day and i wouldnt hold revs there... having said that if im thrashing i will go past the redline at times... never had an issue (thats in my car, dont have a tacho on the bike).
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CBR600RR
    I rode my friend's CBR125 into the city for her as a favour. I redlined it everywhere, not on purpose. Couldn't even keep up w/ traffic either. Horrible frustrating experience -_-

Just saying...