Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato

Accord Euro 2005

hey everybody.

I'm about to purchase a brand new 2005 built Accord Euro. (luxury? not sure) next week and I just want to find out some more about this awesome car.
    first and foremost, i love the car full stop. its just SOOOOOO DAMN NICE! i cant get over how much i love this car, but then again, all of u guys love it perhaps more than i do right now because most of you actually own one ^^.

i will be purchasing it very shortly, (like i said, next week sometime) and im leaning towards the standard basic model rather than the luxury, basically because of the price.
    q1) i was told that if i purchase the base model, i will not have a sunroof option and that if i wanted one, it would have to be aftermarket. is installing an aftermarket sunroof from a place other than HONDA reliable?
    q2) i would like the fog lights and HID's that come with the luxury. are these available as accessories later on? or are these exclusive to the luxury?
    q3) *just want to ask* im thinking of gettin either white, black, or silver. im leaning towards more to the white. what do you guys think? personally?
    q4) is there an option to get leather seats or is this only exclusive to luxury and will i have to get aftermarket leather upholstry from another place than HONDA?

and finally, this is the question i would like answered most

q5) i want to change the bodykit to the MUGEN bodykit (I think its called mugen.....its the bodykit on the ACCORD EURO R.) I have yet to seen this kit for sale and the closest thing ive seen to a front bar that looks like the mugen front is one they sell at CARMATE (http://www.carmate.com.au).
    Does anyoone know where i can purchase this awesome kit?

Thanks again for ur help guys and soon enuff i'll be in the select crowd of the honda euro drivers.
    heheh EURO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    If you want the leather seats, sunroof and fogs and HID's, You would be really silly getting the standard and adding these later on. It will end up costing you heaps more in the long run. Think of it this way

leather seats aftermarket $2000-$2500
    Sunroof aftermarket $2000
    HIDs - $1000
    Fog lights - $700

By going the Luxury, you are also now getting 17 inch rims instead of 16s

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    i love the car full stop. its just SOOOOOO DAMN NICE! i cant get over how much i love this car
    You just said it! BUY IT
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers
    If you want the leather seats, sunroof and fogs and HID's, You would be really silly getting the standard and adding these later on. It will end up costing you heaps more in the long run. Think of it this way

leather seats aftermarket $2000-$2500
    Sunroof aftermarket $2000
    HIDs - $1000
    Fog lights - $700

By going the Luxury, you are also now getting 17 inch rims instead of 16s
    your resale value would also be affected in the long run cause it's a base model and it;s not covered under one warranty, you have to go to 3 different places to cover you Hid, leather seats and sunroof, is it worth the hassle in the long run. plus you be saving heaps works out the same or a bit more but you have the assurance of a full factory warranty on all the parts
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    alrite looks like Accord Euro Luxury is the winner!

no one has answered my question on the bodykit. the mugen one. where to get that in australia? if u can even get it? im located in sydney btw....

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Thanks again for ur help guys and soon enuff i'll be in the select crowd of the honda euro drivers.
    I wish it was a select crowd - no more. The Euros are everywhere now it is getting ridiculous! Sitting at the lights today in St Kilda there were 2 Euros directly behind me - so 3 Euros driving in procession. It was like a Ozhonda cruise.

Anyway - go the lux as the additionals you want are in the lux pack. The Accord euro R does not have a mugen body kit. This is the mugen kit below. You can get the mugen kit here - PM pum[z] he got a replica kit which looks good. The real kit will be very expensive but worth it if you have the money.

Last edited by yfin; 03-01-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    thanks for the info yfin. how much is the replica and where can i get it from? im in sydney btw. and how much is the real mugen kit?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Pumz posted on another thread that he paid $2500 which is a good price painted and fitted.

I would be surprised if you can get the real and full mugen kit painted and fitted for less than $4500. The real kit is plastic not fiberglass.

PM Pumz re the replica

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    i see i see. when i get the luxury euro, and if i change the front bar, would you know if they make the little headlight washer thingos fit on the bar as well? like in that above pic?

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    by the way, whats with the headlight washer? is it just a luxury thing or is it necessary since the lights are HID?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    i see i see. when i get the luxury euro, and if i change the front bar, would you know if they make the little headlight washer thingos fit on the bar as well? like in that above pic?
    The kit doesn't come with the holes for the washer. Do you need them?

Headlight washers are useful if you drive in antarctica or somewhere prone to constant mud-storms. Serious road grime - maybe if you only wash your Euro every 6 months you might find them useful.

Re the holes - everything can be done - Pumz had this done on his replica kit. I am sure whoever fits the kit can cut the holes. Don't ask me how much - I have no idea but it can be done.
    Last edited by yfin; 03-01-2005 at 09:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    by the way, whats with the headlight washer? is it just a luxury thing or is it necessary since the lights are HID?
    It's illegal to have HID without headlight washer, which is why you'll find that all cars with HID come with the washer.
    Defintely go luxury if you want all those stuff BTW.