Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

EP3R Gearbox Issue pleasehelp

Hey everyone

problem:
    So everytime i i try shift to 2nd gear(and 3rd gear too) it feels like it doesnt want to go in forcing me to reclutch a couple of times and really push it into gear

And once i do get it in 2nd gear and i shift to 3rd it does not feel like a smooth shift at all, it feels like its just popping out from 2nd and into neutral.

My clutch is fine its not slipping or anything. Could it be worn synchros? or something else? Where should i go to get my gearbox checked up?

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention that whenever i redline in 1st and try to shift to 2nd its impossible to get in, it always crunches or gets stuck somewhere halfway not allowing me to engage in 2nd gear

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Antv; 26-08-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Possible failure of clutch master and or slave cylinder -

Go to Adrian at TODA PERFOMANCE in thornleigh - give him a call on
    0401 869 524 and book it in for a quick look and test

Tell him bennjamin sent you !

thanks alot mate

ill give him a call

open to more responses keep them coming guys
    Last edited by Antv; 26-08-2010 at 11:44 AM.

So seriously guys...could it be synchros? Thats what i was thinking all along.

After reading abit up on the EP3 gearbox it seems like its a fairly common problem. Well atleast 2nd gear is, i even think it was a recall under warranty for some time in england, but now its no longer. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...on-2004-type-r

Not that you'd be able to claim it under warranty cause a you dont have one and b its an import.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    How many kms on the box?

Sounds like your clutch is not disengaging properly.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

61,000kms on gearbox. its a heavy duty clutch or so not exactly sure but the friction point is really close to the floor.

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4L EP3
    i had the same problem when i was at around 60 000 km, crunched at high revs n fells like its gonna pop out of gear. people told me it might of been my syncros but i just changed my clutch and gearbox oil and it was all good again
    Last edited by wynode; 02-09-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Don't ask for it

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    There is a common issue with the master/slave combos. Hard to tell over the net sometimes! But if your car has had an easy life, I'd go the master/slave cylinder!

how much will it cost for master/slave cylinder? sounds like im up shitcreek lol
    Last edited by Antv; 26-08-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by iQQ View Post
    i had the same problem when i was at around 60 000 km, crunched at high revs n fells like its gonna pop out of gear. people told me it might of been my syncros but i just changed my clutch and gearbox oil and it was all good again

lol if this helps +1 REP PLEASE! need to sell shit!
    What gearbox oil are you using now?

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4L EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    What gearbox oil are you using now?
    redline

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    sh1tbox
    i had the same problem when i had my ep3, when shifting from 1st to 2nd i had to really slide towards the left a lil more, where as if u just go straight down it wont engage properly. but gears never really popped out. Before i bought the car i did test drive other ep3s and they were exactly the same, one with 40,000km and the other 70,000km. i doubt its a synchro problem.
    Would you change the life you love, for the love of your life?