Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 00 EM1 Exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1

Question 00 EM1 Exhaust

I been look around on the net for a catback exhaust for my 00 EM1 Coupe, mine is NA B16A2 so i'm wanting no bigger than 2.25"? I want street style concept not cannon catback racing. Anyone got any links of some? If I can I want to avoid ebay from the states cause of the weight in shipping cost, but it is tempting to get a good quality one from there, I just don't want to fork out $400 in shipping costs anyone know some good Australian exhaust palces who will ship interstate to fit my car? Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    thanks, how does the ITR EM1/EJ8 coupe 63S cat back exhaust rate? That looks pretty good.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    ITR?

you mean T1R ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    lol yeah sorry that's what I mean, this a good zorst?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by rboys View Post
    I been look around on the net for a catback exhaust for my 00 EM1 Coupe, mine is NA B16A2 so i'm wanting no bigger than 2.25"? I want street style concept not cannon catback racing. Anyone got any links of some? If I can I want to avoid ebay from the states cause of the weight in shipping cost, but it is tempting to get a good quality one from there, I just don't want to fork out $400 in shipping costs anyone know some good Australian exhaust palces who will ship interstate to fit my car? Thanks!
    Good thread, im curious myself. I want something quiet with performance. I don't wanna bother with headers (stock cast iron manifold is pretty good, but the b-pipe sucks) but i'd also like to know some recommendations. Anyone recommend a good high-flow cat and muffler. And can a good exhaust shop take care of the rest?

I've done some preliminary searching, but its hard to find specifics.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    I've been looking at this exhaust on ebay US http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT the seller assures me the Greddy will bolt straight onto the EM1 Coupes even for RHD EM1. Though the ITR EM1/EJ8 coupe 63S cat back exhaust would be more safe to go with as this is in AU and will be around the same price as buying one from the states. I just want to know if anyone out there has the ITR EM1/EJ8 coupe 63S cat back exhaust installed on their EM1 and how does it perform & sound?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    I've been looking at this exhaust on ebay US http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT the seller assures me the Greddy will bolt straight onto the EM1 Coupes even for RHD EM1. Though the ITR EM1/EJ8 coupe 63S cat back exhaust would be more safe to go with as this is in AU and will be around the same price as buying one from the states. I just want to know if anyone out there has the ITR EM1/EJ8 coupe 63S cat back exhaust installed on their EM1 and how does it perform & sound?
    It doesnt seem to say what the diameter of the ebay exhaust is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    Mikecivic78 I haven't seen a pic of your EM1?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Mikecivic78 I haven't seen a pic of your EM1?
    She's pretty stock apart from INJEN CAi. Ive since put on some 205/45/16 Toyo T1R rubber. Suspension is still stock. Paintwork was perfect until someone did a hit and run on my front bumper last night while it was parked outside. I'm ragin' ATM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    I would be raging as well!! very nice pic though! I have always wanted the silver EM1, I also bought mine from Brissy back in 03 and truck it up to Darwin mine was imaculate back then now i got a few light door dings on both driver and passenger side doors from idiots who choose not to open their doors carefully, I hate ppl who do that!! Yeah you should replace your stock suspension, I haven't looked back when I changed out mine stock suspension, zero body roll when I hammer through round abouts and corners.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Yea mate, i visited the panel beater today, theyre gonna paint the damaged area, then clear coat the whole bumper, they say that it will look good again. They quoted me 180 and said that they can do it tomorrow morning.

Yea, the stock sussy is pretty soft, but I like it. Good compromise between handling and comfort. I plan to take it out on the track as is. I remember Speedcore says he used to track his gf's EK4 with stock sussy and many people were amazed at how well he went with it.

I just wanna get a 2.25 inch catback and ECU + tune. The exhaust on JDM yard looks sweet, but way out of my price range. I've gotten some quotes from a few exhaust shops and they charge around 300-350 for a catback. I dunno about gains and quality though, I'm still researching.

BTW, ur EM1 looks nice. Also, I can imagine that an EM1 in Darwin would be a bit of a head turner! Do you know of any other EM1s in Darwin?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 02-09-2010 at 06:40 PM.