Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a

Before I remove my power steering..

Is driving without p/s too heavy/hard in a sedan?

My car has been lightened as much as possible.

I mean most guys who delete p/s are driving hatches really...

I know everyone's definition of heavy will be different..

I just wanted some feedback from anyone with knowledge in this are,cheers.

I'm going to do the trick where U cut the 2 p/s lines,fill the hoses with p/s fluid and put a fuel filter on the end (I will do a DIY..)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Your car isn't much heavier than a hatch. It's not like you're driving a commodore or falcon so it shouldn't be too heavy!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    when i removed mine i hated it. i put it back on. it was fine at speed but i just couldn't get used to it after having it for so long. It's not overly heavy but i just prefer the feel of assisted steering at slow speed, when reversing and parking. Only my personal opinion mind you.

whats your reason for removing it anyway? i know some reckon they do it for the power gain and others do it to tidy up the bay but there are also other options out there i got a custom power steering setup i made. hidden and doesn't sap anywhere near as much power from the engine as it's not belt driven
    Last edited by MR-VTEC; 26-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    i like where this is going
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-VTEC View Post
    when i removed mine i hated it. i put it back on. it was fine at speed but i just couldn't get used to it after having it for so long. It's not overly heavy but i just prefer the feel of assisted steering at slow speed, when reversing and parking. Only my personal opinion mind you.

whats your reason for removing it anyway? i know some reckon they do it for the power gain and others do it to tidy up the bay but there are also other options out there i got a custom power steering setup i made. hidden and doesn't sap anywhere near as much power from the engine as it's not belt driven
    detailed expanation please

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    tucked electric pump? setup like this perhaps

why are you doing this beeza ?

Truly deeply why ? The looks ? Or because other friends are doing it or ?

Personally if its your daily i would not bother at all. I removed it for track whore ness. Feels great with a 1.8 and a LSD pulling it around tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    tucked electric pump? setup like this perhaps
    better than that. That MR2 pump is well outdated. Alot of the new european cars run electric pumps now, options are endless

Best thing is, i wired it to a switch so i can have it on only when i want it on. I flick it off when i'm on the highway for example. I might get around to doing a write up one of these days

heres a shot of my bay, can you spot it? -

Last edited by MR-VTEC; 26-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    cmon share a little info

you can get the power steering pumps from a astra new ones any new cars these days im in the middle of doing mine atm too will do right up when im done with it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    This seems very interesting! *subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by MR-VTEC View Post
    better than that. That MR2 pump is well outdated. Alot of the new european cars run electric pumps now, options are endless

Best thing is, i wired it to a switch so i can have it on only when i want it on. I flick it off when i'm on the highway for example. I might get around to doing a write up one of these days

heres a shot of my bay, can you spot it? -

Wow thats a nice h22 set up man. So clean and neat. Is the pump right under the break booster?