Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

B16a conversion or Vti-R Civic?

Okay fellas,
    I've got an EG Civic GL and I was thinking of getting something quicker. Still a Honda though for insurance and stuff. I love the shape of the EG aswell as its petrol consumption (35L gets me 500km) but the performance is miserable. I'm thinking whether to do an conversion or spend the $$$ on getting a Civic Vtir or Integra Vtir? Tryin to keep under 2L haha.

What do yous think?

What are the pros and cons and also are the vtir's petrol consumption worst since its VTEC and all the b18c is a 1.8L?

I don't think there are any other car manufacturers like Honda that has fuel economy, reliability and performance price wise.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Depending on your age buying a Vti-r aint gonna be a cheap option for insurance anyway. So many variables, Your skills, price, goals. etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    do the conversion...

I'm 18 soon and been driving for 1 one year now. Driven V6, 1.5i, CA18DET and now a dual carb lol. Hoping to keep something thats reliable, good fuel economy, and won't lose as much value in coming year (doubt it aye).

Are VTI-R classified as sports?

i'm running an EG4 iwth dual carbs. i get 600km on a full tank of 45litres. good mileage. used to own a 180SX, ran very well when i wasn't doing anything. good mileage too.

VTi-R <--- R = racing. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    get a EK4, as the conversion is going to cost u around the same once u add it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Where do you live bubblecivic? I have a B16A converted EG which will be for sale in the next week or so! You won't believe the difference in performance! It's a silver hatch with 16" wheels, VAFC (air fuel digital meter!), and a few other EG SiRII (JDM) features! PM me and you might be surprised at the price! I've already put a deposit on another car! EK Vti-R weighs nearly 120kg more than a converted EG - with the same engine/power/sound!

You may need cash flow though, as I think it will sell fast at my price!

iijjee
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    A b16 or b18 swap into your EG hatch is going to be faster than a EK. You’re probably not going to get an EK4 under 16k, unless it’s thrashed. I personally don’t think they are worth that much for a car that’s 9 years old. I would either look for an EG hatch with a swap and sell your car or do a swap depending on what you have invested in your car already.

I don’t think the VTEC engines are thirsty unless you’re driving above 5500 rpm all the time. Just remember more power requires more fuel.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by civiceg9
    get a EK4, as the conversion is going to cost u around the same once u add it up.
    i agree

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    Quote Originally Posted by civiceg9
    thats if u do the conversion on an EK, if its on an EG, its going to be cheaper..

iijjee: I'm in SYDNEY man, can you PM the price your selling at aswell as some more info on your car.

The cheapest EK VtiR and the ONLY one I've found is $19k off TradingPost. They are heaps rare and are expensive for their age aswell.

I've seen Integra 96-97 for like roughly $14-$16k and was thinking about that? What do yous think?

My 180sx was an AUTO CA18DET and it was teh worst! I was a povo while owning it cause it costed so much to maintain !! $55 for a full tank and I got like 330km max. It was running heaps rich and plus it was old and auto. Sr20dets get like 500 I heard.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    WTF $19k for a EK4!!!

Thats too expensive.

Must have a shitload of mods to be that much.

Personally I wouldnt pay more than $14-15k for one and it has to be in stock and good condition.

If you're willing to pay $14 k for a dc2 vti-r , I would go the conversion if I were you.

Charlie at GPC can do it for around 7k and upgrade the required parts for you car.