D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    so no performance gain?
    shes always been fed on FEO
    You might get 0.5 kW or so..... something which you won't feel. This oil is good if you plan on putting your engine under stress such as on track days or if you plan to hit redline many times a day.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You might get 0.5 kW or so..... something which you won't feel. This oil is good if you plan on putting your engine under stress such as on track days or if you plan to hit redline many times a day.
    better change over than lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    it has been released, it has been released for a while now.
    it is under $70 a bottle.
    as far as i know, they are not phasing out the mineral oil, i believe they are giving the customers options, for now that is.
    they may phase it out later on, but at this point, they are not.
    i have tried it myself, defiantly smoother, more mileage per tank, more responsive.

regards

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I think Honda should've stopped marketing their own oil years ago, hardly a good investment

when it was at $29 for a bottle a few years back it was reasonable, but when they increased it last feburary that was it for me and since switching to a full synthetic I'll never return
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Mobil 1 for me.. (...because I love the way it cleans dirty engines)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Mobil one is fairly pricey for me, lol, iev been using valvoline syn power 5w-30, i wanna see how this stacks up to it, since both are priced pretty similar

Change oil every 5000kms, next service is due in 1500kms, so pretty soon, will let peeps know how this goes as well, and wanna compare it to syn power oil

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    stopped by in Artarmon Honda today, had a good look at the oil, not much information on the bottle. Asked Honda guys to check in their system which group is it, but there is nothing in their system. They suggested to email Honda inquiries on website for more info.
    Damage 59.95, doubt it's group 4...

So I went to Repco across the road for Castrol Edge which is on special for Fathers Day...

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    5L bottles are definitely in stores now.... Scotts Honda has a fair bit of stock... I know because I just put them away LOL

and at $60 a bottle it is almost double the original FEO price...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook View Post
    5L bottles are definitely in stores now.... Scotts Honda has a fair bit of stock... I know because I just put them away LOL

and at $60 a bottle it is almost double the original FEO price...
    I stopped in at Rick Damelian Honda on Parramatta Road to pick up some power steering fluid this afternoon and they had it on sale. It was $64.95 but they were offering a 10% introductory discount on the 5L. The old mineral based oil was still there, priced mid $40 but also on 10% discount.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    ive been told if youve got an old motor, might as well use cheapo oil. newish motors should be using top stuff like royal purple n stuff like that
    in my lude ive filled it up with 10w-40 magnatec and i love it. feo ultra sounds like its the bomb (hondafan talk) but in all honesty i wouldnt pay $60 for feo ultra when at repo i can grab a bottle of magnatec + oil filter combo for 25 bucks. repco brand oil filter but who really cares about it

Guys for everyday driving FEO Mineral is a Semi Synthetic Blend and will do the job just fine , it always has

The FEO synthetic is also a great oil which i will be using and im glad we have an option from Honda for a full synthetic

I have always used FEO and pulled down engines after they have been abused or high mileage , never had a problem with the lubrication quality of the oil

and at $35 bucks for five litres of oil its well priced and Genuine ( yes i know Caltex ) but remember its specifically blended for Honda to their strict guidelines

anyways just my opinion , Oils are a touchy subject because everyone likes using different oils due to motor sport applications/ testing and pricing etc , i use different oils myself

I doubt these days anyone is producing a poor quality oil because they cater for new and old vehicles which require better quality oil than ever