Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    I use it on my 2000 DC2R and I have done for the last 10,000Klm, I love it, but find it kind of pricey at $70 for 5L at Trivett Blacktown, but my car is using a lot due to worn rings and valve stem seals, so am going to change back to thicker oil until I can do something about it, I currently lose around 500-700ml per 1000klm.. I found that the engine revved a bit easier after changing to this oil, but may have been a placebo effect, don't know, too much of a Honda fan hahaha
    almost all synthetic oils make your car rev easier. its just plain flows better
    What about US import Mobil 1 High-Mileage 10w-40? $65 for 5.6 litres from a place in Eastwood
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    I use it on my 2000 DC2R and I have done for the last 10,000Klm, I love it, but find it kind of pricey at $70 for 5L at Trivett Blacktown, but my car is using a lot due to worn rings and valve stem seals, so am going to change back to thicker oil until I can do something about it, I currently lose around 500-700ml per 1000klm.. I found that the engine revved a bit easier after changing to this oil, but may have been a placebo effect, don't know, too much of a Honda fan hahaha
    How many kms has your car done? mine has 180k kms on the clock and runs great,doesnt burn any oil, engine is very healthy! currently using castrol edge 0w-30w

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    I use the feo ultra.. the idle noise is noticeably quieter and the revving a bit smoother.

mekong spares at canley vale sells them for 55..

Tried on the DC5 and to be honest, didn't feel all the great. Felt like it was quieter and rev'd smoother but i feel royal purple does a much much better job and doesn't burn as easy.
    FEO Ultra is 10W-30 isn't it? I prefer 10W-40 Royal Purple as the DC5 is track and street orientated
    I prefer Royal Purple but i guess if you can't afford Royal Purple or Motul etc then you should go for FEO Ultra but i think there's other oils on the markets that are cheaper and will still do the same job.
    Use whatever fulfills your needs IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Tried on the DC5 and to be honest, didn't feel all the great. Felt like it was quieter and rev'd smoother but i feel royal purple does a much much better job and doesn't burn as easy.
    FEO Ultra is 10W-30 isn't it? I prefer 10W-40 Royal Purple as the DC5 is track and street orientated
    I prefer Royal Purple but i guess if you can't afford Royal Purple or Motul etc then you should go for FEO Ultra but i think there's other oils on the markets that are cheaper and will still do the same job.
    Use whatever fulfills your needs IMO
    5w-30 Feo ultra is
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    5w-30 Feo ultra is
    Thanks for correction.
    I'll stick to my 10W-40 lol

Hi All, so I am thinking to get the Mobil from that place in Eastwood, the 10W-40, now trying to work out, many people seem to change oil at 5000Klm for a DC2R, is that the factory recommendation? as some others seem to think its 7500klm. There's heaps of conflicting info on the net. And does anyone know the best place to get alloy crush washers? Want to but a bag instead of trying to get one here or there.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hi All, so I am thinking to get the Mobil from that place in Eastwood, the 10W-40, now trying to work out, many people seem to change oil at 5000Klm for a DC2R, is that the factory recommendation? as some others seem to think its 7500klm. There's heaps of conflicting info on the net. And does anyone know the best place to get alloy crush washers? Want to but a bag instead of trying to get one here or there.
    Cheers
    Chris
    It depends on the oil. Regular mineral FEO, I'd change at 5000km. But if it is Mobil1, then 7500km is fine. It should reach 10,000km as well unless it is a turbo'd set up where the oil also cools and lubricates the hot turbo.

The best place to get aluminium crush washers in bulk is either ebay from overseas or a bulk bolt place like Nepean boltmaster (make sure you measure the inner/outer diameters and the thickness).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It depends on the oil. Regular mineral FEO, I'd change at 5000km. But if it is Mobil1, then 7500km is fine. It should reach 10,000km as well unless it is a turbo'd set up where the oil also cools and lubricates the hot turbo.

The best place to get aluminium crush washers in bulk is either ebay from overseas or a bulk bolt place like Nepean boltmaster (make sure you measure the inner/outer diameters and the thickness).
    On the weekend I pulled out the original leather folder thing with the service history and car user manuals, in there it says oil changes every 10,000klm.

I changed oil on Friday night, Castrol Edge Sport, 5W-30. Now heres the issue, now they advertise it as Edge Titanium, so seeing as I only had about 3L left of the Edge Sport, had to get the remaining in as Edge Titanium 5W-30, so big question here is, are they the same oil and does mixing it matter?
    (\__/)

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    On the weekend I pulled out the original leather folder thing with the service history and car user manuals, in there it says oil changes every 10,000klm.

I changed oil on Friday night, Castrol Edge Sport, 5W-30. Now heres the issue, now they advertise it as Edge Titanium, so seeing as I only had about 3L left of the Edge Sport, had to get the remaining in as Edge Titanium 5W-30, so big question here is, are they the same oil and does mixing it matter?
    No there not the same oils, i wouldnt advise mixing them....both have different additives in them if you mixed them already did u use the same viscosity?

Whoops, well I did ring a respected person on these forums for guidance before I purchased, yes, they are both 5W-30 Catrol Edge products, one is the Sport, and the other is the Titanium, which I was told is the superceded oil of the Sport. Seeing as they are already mixed, I didn't really want to drain it again. At $70 a bottle, this is getting expensive, and I won't be likely to race the car before the next oil change. I will ring Castrol tomorrow to confirm if this is a bad thing.
    Cheers, Chris
    (\__/)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Whoops, well I did ring a respected person on these forums for guidance before I purchased, yes, they are both 5W-30 Catrol Edge products, one is the Sport, and the other is the Titanium, which I was told is the superceded oil of the Sport. Seeing as they are already mixed, I didn't really want to drain it again. At $70 a bottle, this is getting expensive, and I won't be likely to race the car before the next oil change. I will ring Castrol tomorrow to confirm if this is a bad thing.
    Cheers, Chris
    it's no big deal

Considering the BASE OIL had not changed. It wont break your engine.

PS: for $70... you'd better off getting mobil 1, theres a place in Sydney near Eastwood that sells them cheap.