Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EK Civic doors

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

EK Civic doors

My brother's Honda Civic EK was vandalized last night whilst parked on the street (as with a few others parked on my street).
    Both drivers and right rear passengers doors were kicked inwards. I took it to a panel beater and I was told that we will need two doors... but here's the problem... no wreckers in my area have the doors for the sedan model (only need a door shell)... they only have doors for the hatch versions.
    I found one wrecker out west but they want $1200 for two door shells... is that a correct figure for two doors? otherwise I'm calling this a write off as it will cost me at least $2000 with labour costs and resprays etc... and my cars only worth about 3K. O.o
    I've also been told that I will need to respray the whole car thanks to these two doors as the colour won't match. The panel beater said that's going to cost me at least another $1K.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    does your bro have comp insurance? tell that wrecker he's dreaming, $1200 for two doors....

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    dont think hed have comprehensive on an ek civic. Wouldn't be worth it.
    Just keep looking for the 2 doors/ doorskins. You'll surely find something sooner or later. Would be a bonus to find the same colour doors aswell. Even if you don't you can get just the doors resprayed but it wont be a 100 percent match, and it all depends how fussy you are

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Nope, no comprehensive on that car... just the plain 'ol third party cover so we can't really claim anyone. Now for the doorskins... how much would we say is a reasonable price for two doors?

As for paint, how much difference do we expect to see if just the two doors are resprayed? I recently got the front bumper of my corolla resprayed and you can only see the difference if you shine an ultra bright light at it. If it's like that then we don't mind... however would giving the old paint a really good cut and polish by the professionals allow the paint to match "better"?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    i see ppl selling eg doors for $20-50 each.
    EK sedan shouldnt be much more expensive.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    I was also going to ask... say I did find a door that was different in colour (most likely) then would I get this door resprayed before putting it onto the car or put it onto the car then get it resprayed? I see option one to be more logical, but then again I'm not in the panel beating trade lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    depends on your panel beater/painter.
    some are lazy and dont remove door from car.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Have a look at hontoys mate,

Picked up 2 EK Sedan Doors complete for $450 a while back.

Try find the same colour, if not to spray 2 doors + blending will cost 5-600 + easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by munkaii View Post
    Have a look at hontoys mate,

Picked up 2 EK Sedan Doors complete for $450 a while back.

Try find the same colour, if not to spray 2 doors + blending will cost 5-600 + easily.
    Now that 5-600 sounds very reasonable! Where is Hontoys located? we might drop in to take a look I suppose.

5-600 I would assume if you just brought in clean doors and got them to spray it your colour, maybe colour matching. If they need repair work then you are looking at at least 1k. Google for hontoys location, should be in smithfield.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by munkaii View Post
    5-600 I would assume if you just brought in clean doors and got them to spray it your colour, maybe colour matching. If they need repair work then you are looking at at least 1k. Google for hontoys location, should be in smithfield.
    I was talking to a family friend who works in the painting industry... apparently I can send one of the busted doors off and they can tint match it? if this is true then I'm jumping for joy.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

EK Civic doors

I also have a question about another repair which will probably need to be carried out. It was on there the day my brother got the car so we've learnt to live with it... the A-pillar seems to be hammered inwards? or maybe a brick has fallen on it?
    It's just the outer skin that's bent inwards, the A-pillar frame is still nice and straight... can this damage be fixed or not?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bent1..jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	17661