Thread: CL9 Petrol Flap

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

CL9 Petrol Flap

Is there a spring or something that is supposed to make the petrol flap open when you push the lever down?
    It takes 2 of us to get fuel as one has to hold the lever down and the other has to prise the door open because it won't spring out on it's own.
    Has something gone missing on mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    there is definitely something wrong there buddy....the fuel lid should open and stay open when u press down the lever at the drivers seat.....u should be able to hook the fuel cap on the lid as well! Better get it down to a mechanic and have a look!
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Does anyone have a pic of how it hooks up? The only time I ever think about it is when I'm at the petrol station and when I'm there, I just let it hang down so I can get the fuel asap and gtfo of there :P I'm in an 05 CL9 btw.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    I know it is supposed to open when the lever is pushed, but what makes it spring open?
    I can't see any spring etc to make it open though.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Had this before.
    There is a little tab just at the hinge of the petrol cover. If you bend it back out, the springing action will come back.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Thanks Aaron
    Found little spring thingy had fallen off.
    Clipped it back on and all is well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by Vavoom View Post
    Does anyone have a pic of how it hooks up? The only time I ever think about it is when I'm at the petrol station and when I'm there, I just let it hang down so I can get the fuel asap and gtfo of there :P I'm in an 05 CL9 btw.
    I was filling up at the station and rememberred the poor souls who still havent figured this one out..LOL. Hope that helps
    SHouldnt let the cap touch the car..petrol cant be good for the paint finish

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Ahhh! So that's how! I've only ever experienced the ones where the cap itself goes into a holder/bracket on the lid itself. Thanks for clearing that up!