Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2

Backfiring On Decel - B18CR...

I have an EG I do only 7 or 8,000km in per yr. I drive it 4 or 5 times a week but not many kays. I recently changed pugs, oil, fluids etc b4 a hillclimb and the car runs a microtech stand-alone ECU. Noticed after the hillclimb the car was backfiring on zero throttle between 3500 and 2500rpm on deceleration. Has also started stalling when cold and idling. I doesn't really bother me too much, a bit of snap crackle and pop, but was wondering if it might be a spoiled 02 sensor or something fuel or fuel pump related. I know I could fork out for a full diagnostic tune but 'round here that's a 4 wk wait and a couple of hundred bucks for a possible no cure. Ideas???

The car is running beautifully in every other way and making excellent power for a NA 1.8! I always keep the tune on the rich side of things but it's never been like this before.

Anyone else had microtech b series experience. My old H22A was a dog for idling and warming up on the same computer, but this setup has been fuss free and like a OEM ECU with a cherry on top!
    Last edited by iijjee; 28-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!