Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK

Twinloop to LOUD

Hi guys

I have a full exhaust system in my ek1 and i have a xforce twinloop muffler which is to loud i need to change it for something more quieter. does anyone have any recommendations for which muffler they know is quiet. getting sick of the noise and dont like attracting to much unwanted attention.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    If youre happy with the appearance of the twinloop you can leave it and just add another muffler in the mid section

That can alter the sound dramatically depending on which type you choose

If its just a raspy buzzy tone then a hotdog usually helps that or otherwise a straight through or chambered muffler where ever you can fit it

Finally you can go for a more restrictive quieter replacement rear,pretty much something with decent packing and not an empty milo tin/cannon type

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get an exhaust shop to put a resonator on. Easy, cheap and effective.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    i got a resanator hotdog and i think i will need to go for a muffler that is pakced more so the sound doesnt buzz at all

i like the look of it but i like the oval type muffler doesnt matter about the twinloop not fussed

anyone have suggestions which type to go for????

cheers

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I thought the twin loop was quiet, but I personally don't consider X Force to be good quality so I'd consider Mugen, or the Spoon Street muffler which I have on my stock 2" piping.

Having said that, what diameter is the exhaust system from the header? A smaller diameter pipe will obviously be more quiet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    It's 2.5 inch yeh I heard the force ain't that good quality I want something almost like the stock sounding

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    2.5" is huuuuuuuuge Lol i had a 2.25" system with no resonators and a twin loop. I found it pretty quiet :0 just a bit buzzy cos there was no resonator D:

maybe you should downgrade? are you still running the d16 yooo?

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    the twinloop is quiet........ when its new.

When it is old it gets just as loud as a cannon. If you want a twinloop that will stay quiet, stick with the original mugen twinloop

as others have said, genuine mugen twinloop or spoon streets. i hear some of the fugitsubo ones are alright but meh,

my mate has the xforce twinloop, its not real loud, but its not quiet, and it sounds shit
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    2 reso's and a twin loop not loud at all system is 2.25inch i have the xforce twin love it..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    Quote Originally Posted by DC4Integra98 View Post
    the twinloop is quiet........ when its new.

When it is old it gets just as loud as a cannon. If you want a twinloop that will stay quiet, stick with the original mugen twinloop
    yeh it does get louder when its gets older at the start it was a nice sound now its just to loud dont like it. i want soemthing diff to a twinloop just a simple oval muffler

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If you're still driving a D16 motor I think you should be using a 2" cat-back. Quieter and better power gains