Post your Yokohama ADVAN Q & A here!

Please post all your questions and comments here! Thanks.
    Last edited by matespace; 06-09-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    where to get ad08s cheap in australia. i got quoted 290 for 205/50/15 hahaha in WA

Hey,
    I'll get a list of all the Yokahama ADVAN dealers together and get it posted. ASAP.

Cheers,

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Where would I be able to get a set of ADVAN Racing RS in Gun Metal in Perth?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    I'm after a set of 205/50/15 AD08's, where can I get them in Sydney?
    I SiR = Sport injection Racing

Question One
    Username: parrot
    Hi g2s

I will be looking for some performance tyres to suit my stable as in my signature.

I'm from the good old days of Y352's, A008's and A001's, and have always had a preference for Yokohama tyres.

So far have only had a cursory look around, but I get the impression there aren't any/many modern options available anymore for a performance type tyre in 12, 13 or 14's. I would go no wider than 6 inch wheels on any of these cars.

I would happily look at something such as an A032R for all my cars which will be occasionally driven on club reg, if such sizes are available.

Can you advise?

Answer:
    Yokohama Australia Imported a year’s worth of Y352’s when we caught word that production was ending. If parrot could provide specific sizes we can certainly help him out on the availability question.
    However on the more modern tyre front, the ADVAN A048 is available in 13 & 14 inch sizes. The A048 is also currently the control tyre for the Improved Production Racing series (IPRA) because a) of its performance capabilities and b) because of the spectrum of sizes it caters for. So it may very well be his best option.

Question Two
    Username: Scoobzd
    A 205/215/50/60 x 13 would be snapped up in a heart beat by so many people !
    Answer:
    The Yokohama ADVAN A048 is available in a 205/60R13 in various compounds, certainly your best option for that fitment size.

Question Three
    Username: twinspinna
    oh yes please on the 215/50/13 !!!!

Answer:
    Unfortunately we no longer have any tyres in this fitment size. The Y352’s certainly have been moving fast since people caught word they were no longer in production.

Question Four
    Can you get 205-50-16's? I would be interested in a couple of sets of them, what about 175-60-16? Good for a stretch onto an 8inch wide 16
    Answer:
    We currently sell the A.driveR1, C.drive, and S.drive in 205/50R16, they all vary in price, however Tyres & More can give a significantly better deal on Yokohama’s than any other retail tyre network.

Question Five
    Can you help with availability for Neova AD08 215/40/17? A local dealer could quote a price but could not give me an idea when they would be available.
    Answer:
    Unfortunately the 215/40R17 AD08 isn’t available, however the next best option for you would be a 215/45R17 AD08. This falls well within legal range (being 15mm differentiation from factory fit). If you’re keen on taking your car on track for a few laps, this will be a very minimal setup change from the 215/40R17.

Question Six
    I am currently running on the Advan AD08's and love them...One of the best extreme performance road tyres out there. Better than the Falken Azenis and Federal RS595-R's I have run preiously by a fair margin....

However I have been trying to get prices and availability of the A050's in a 215/45/17 medium compound but struggling....I have run the A048's and aside from only being available in a Medium- Hard compound in 17" (not good for such a light car), they also have a serious performance drop off after first run use even after heat cycling prior to use. The A050's are better but price and availability are an issue..As such I am running the Toyo R888's.

Does Yokohama have any up to date availbility and pricing for the A050's??
    Answer:
    Glad you like the AD08, it’s certainly a fantastic tyre bridging the gap between track and street performance. As for the A050, Yokohama only sell or Motorsport tyres through our Authorised Motorsport dealers. My best suggestion would be calling one of the following (depending on your location):

New South Wales
    Gordon Leven Tyres & More
    133 Russell St
    Emu Plains NSW 2750
    Ph (02) 4735 4500
    Fax (02) 4735 2698
    www.gordonleven.com

Victoria
    Traction Tyres & More
    65 Kelletts Road
    Rowville VIC 3178
    Ph (03) 9764 2811
    Fax (03) 9764 8740
    www.tractiontyres.com.au

South Australia
    North terrace Tyres
    55 North Tce
    Hackney SA 5069
    Ph (08) 8113 0600
    Fax (08) 8362 8811

Western Australia
    Wheels World Tyres & More
    4A Carbon Court
    Osborne Park, WA 6017
    Ph (08) 9244 2277
    Fax (08) 9244 8887

Queensland
    Albion Tyres & More
    8 Collingwood St
    Albion QLD 4010
    Ph (07) 3862 6200
    Fax (07) 3881 1651
    www.albionmotorsport.com.au

If any of you questions have not been answered here or elsewhere, please repost them.
    Sorry for the delay there has been a hold up from Head office.

My apologies,

Rob.

I love es100

what is the equivalent?

Is a new circuit race tyre going to be released as an ao48 replacement?
    A050 does not suit circuit racing (to soft) and a048 goes of after the first run at the track (as someone has also stated, and all IPRA people know to well).
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

i know this is bit late butt....

budger i would go the S-drive they are the high performance street tyre Advan is currently offering for street driven vehicles who want performance but longevity of road tyre .

cooker ... will look into it and let you know.
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au

Where's cheapest place to get 4 x AD08 195/55/15 in Canberra?

Hi T200

best to check your nearest dealer in Canberra via the link : http://www.yokohama.com.au/dealerlocator/
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au