Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir 1996

DC2R Modifications !!!

Hey guys i have a 2000 model type r and so far i have done a long stem 3 inch cold air intake, 4-1 headers, 2.5 inch high flow cat and 2.5inch exhaust with straight through mufflers. Im wanting to get abit more power out of it and im wondering which is the best way to go without spending big bucks and pulling the engine apart???

Also as you guys know the standard rims/tyres on these are 195/55/15. Im thinking of putting a set of 18s with 215/35/18 will this slow the car down at all???

imo 17 is the max for dc2 and 16 is the best. and u can strip ur interior to make ur car go faster without spending money =D

or maybe a tune??

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    lol yeah strip the interior will fix it.
    you could get a tune and new computer.
    or you could do internals first and then do tune. but thats expensive

~King Of Spam~

or go for better brake setup, slotted disc, suspension , struts, better pads? and wait till you afford a tune

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by loveit View Post
    Hey guys i have a 2000 model type r and so far i have done a long stem 3 inch cold air intake, 4-1 headers, 2.5 inch high flow cat and 2.5inch exhaust with straight through mufflers. Im wanting to get abit more power out of it and im wondering which is the best way to go without spending big bucks and pulling the engine apart???

Also as you guys know the standard rims/tyres on these are 195/55/15. Im thinking of putting a set of 18s with 215/35/18 will this slow the car down at all???
    the man wants power. not handling or braking lol

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Hondata s300 then tune it.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    lightened flywheel?.

but seriously, I'd go handling + braking, since you've got most of the basic bolt-on power bits. Quality brakepads, fluids, tires and coilovers/spring + shocks setup.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir 1996
    Okay so the next step to make some easy power would be a computer by the sounds of things? Which is the best one to go for there are so many hondata s300, power fc and many more i never even heard of. Whats your opinion?? Also how bout with the tyres would the 215/35/18 affect my cars power at all???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    18" rims will be heavy = GREATER rotational mass; unless they are some sort of expensive lightwight Jap rims. eg. ce28, rpf1 etc.

But still, 18's on an dc2r?!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Yeah 18's will look shit. Get some dc5r jdm 17s if you want size, they look awesome on dc2r. But i personally love my stock wheels!! And my car is semi slapped atm (sitting 1cm under the guards) looks sweeeeeet lol
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    dont go bigger then 16"

will look like a piece of shit with 18" + slower

s300+tune

depends how much you have to spend but you might want to even consider cams.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe