Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude

Interested in purchasing the Euro

I've been a long time Honda driver and a loyal Prelude fanboy (3rd and 5th gen owner) but I feel that I need to give up my 5th Gen Lude for something a bit more comfortable. (I feel so old and I'm only 21).

I've been looking into the Euro for some time now and do really like the look of the Euro Sport models, no sunroof though and that is a huge deal breaker for me.

Can someone run me through the differences between the Sport and the Luxury, are there many differences in accessories and mechanical parts?

What would be more expensive, adding a sunroof to the Sport or adding the Sport body kit to the Luxury?

I wonder if the Euro has similar grunt to my Prelude? I definitely wouldn't stray from a Manual, I 'need' a Manual box.
    Last edited by Petronas; 31-08-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Seriously , you will not be dissapointed. 2 different types of car , but i can say the euro has decent power and plenty of luxury at a bargain used price. Luxury has softer suspension setting than the standard to compensate for bigger wheels. The sport is essentially a standard with a body kit and luxury wheels and part leather seats.
    I would go for an 05 luxury with the bodyklit already fitted..Best looking out of the cl9s, plus you'll get full leather,sunroof, hids, electric seat and more.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    +1 i agree, i would rather get the luxury than the sport, as the half leather seats look kinda off to me haha but every man has his tastes i guess haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    yeah, the seats look gay in the sport.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    I think I will be hunting for a Lux. I plan to put some coil overs on the Euro anyway so maybe that will compensate for the softness. (Something - Super Sports? I was reading a thread and someone mentioned that these are the best bang for buck adjustable height/damper coil overs for the Euro)

Any major differences between Lux models throughout the years?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    The Euro Sport was a CL9, so I take it you're looking at a CL9, not a CU2?

Eibach seems to be the suspension kit of choice for the Euro.

The Sport was a basic Euro that was tarted up with with partial leather, 17" alloys, red dash lighting, body kit, fog lights and aluminium shifter knob, and 'Sport' badging. They were imported in very small numbers, only around 3000.

Engine is indentical across the range.

I think that there is no difference between the suspension in the CL9 lux and standard, but there is a difference in the CU2 standard vs lux? The CU2 lux was 'softened'.

The lux is a bit heavier than the standard, due to extras, eg power seats. Interior is the nicest on the lux, sunroof is bliss, and it has 8 airbags compared to 6 in the standard/sport.

There were a couple of updates to the CL9 Lux... In 2005, the lux came with 17" 10-spoke alloys instead of 16" five-spoke alloys. MY06 was the facelift, where the front/rear bumpers/grille/bonnet trim garnish were changed, and trip computer was updated. And around the time of the MY06, the auto dimming rear view mirror became standard, and full size 5th alloy spare (yay!).

There are probably other minor differences, eg wiring loom on bootlid to stop the tail lights blanking out issue on early examples. I think that suspension setup issues causing tire wear may have affected some early cars.

But in all, it was a great deal when new, which is why lots of people bought them. They're still a great looking car and great value used cars.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 31-08-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Petronas View Post
    I've been a long time Honda driver and a loyal Prelude fanboy (3rd and 5th gen owner) but I feel that I need to give up my 5th Gen Lude for something a bit more comfortable. (I feel so old and I'm only 21).

I've been looking into the Euro for some time now and do really like the look of the Euro Sport models, no sunroof though and that is a huge deal breaker for me.

Can someone run me through the differences between the Sport and the Luxury, are there many differences in accessories and mechanical parts?

What would be more expensive, adding a sunroof to the Sport or adding the Sport body kit to the Luxury?

I wonder if the Euro has similar grunt to my Prelude? I definitely wouldn't stray from a Manual, I 'need' a Manual box.
    06+Lux is the way to go if you can spend the extra $$$.1st.mod is to change the shit stock suspension to Bilstein or Koni shocks and Eibach springs.Don't get coilovers,IMO they don't suit the car

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Edit: I'm after a CL9
    Last edited by Petronas; 31-08-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Don't get a Euro unless you want:

1. Perfect mixture of sporty prowess, practicality and style.
    2. Japanese quality and finish inside and out.
    3. Guaranteed top resale value.
    4. Good fuel economy and low maintenance costs.
    5. Better value alternative to entry level Bavarian-mobiles

Now none of us would want any of that baggage now do we. Nope nope nope.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Get the luxury petronas. The only difference worth mentioning in terms of performance aspect is the sports/standard are roughly 70kg lighter than the luxury model. With the luxury model, you get additional:

HID
    rear side airbags
    sunroof
    electronic adjustable leather seats

Man just do what I and some other people did, get the 06 model luxury then save up for the lip kit and grille. Best of both worlds. Its not gonna cost that much.
    I had an 04 and got the 06 front bar then the complete lip kit lol
    Suspension, most say buddyclub N+ is the best bang for buck if you want to be able to slam the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    Get the luxury petronas. The only difference worth mentioning in terms of performance aspect is the sports/standard are roughly 70kg lighter than the luxury model. With the luxury model, you get additional:

HID
    rear side airbags
    sunroof
    electronic adjustable leather seats

Man just do what I and some other people did, get the 06 model luxury then save up for the lip kit and grille. Best of both worlds. Its not gonna cost that much.
    I had an 04 and got the 06 front bar then the complete lip kit lol
    Suspension, most say buddyclub N+ is the best bang for buck if you want to be able to slam the car.
    A bit off topic, but when you said you got the '06 front bar on an '04.. that means you had to change the bonnet and the grille as well right? And Hunterzero mentioned above that the Sports models came with Red dash lighting, as far as I know this isnt the case, red lighting only came on the CL7 Euro-Rs. But please correct me if I am wrong!

I was looking at a 5th gen vtir lude before purchasing the euro, and although I admit I still have a soft spot for them.. I definitely have no regrets with my choice, so I think you'll be happy with your choice!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
    And Hunterzero mentioned above that the Sports models came with Red dash lighting, as far as I know this isnt the case, red lighting only came on the CL7 Euro-Rs. But please correct me if I am wrong!
    Hmm maybe I am mistaken on that... They had one in the showroom when I bought my CL9 Lux, I remember the aluminium manual shifter and lack of chrome window surrounds, and I remember I didn't like the half leather, but I can't remember if the dash lighting was red or not. I do remember reading info on car news sites that said it had "red dash illumination".

- HZ