Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    OP forgot to put on flame suit

There's a few problems here.

The first is that there's no hard evidence to prove you were in the right. Even if you were, it comes down to your word against his, and he is a law enforcement officer. Whether we like it or not, their word will always hold more weight than ours. That's strike number one.

Strike number two is that even if we disagree with the law, and the positioning of signs, and everything else the road authority can throw at us, it's still the law and we still have to abide by it. I disagree with putting a speed camera in a fenced off street with an overpass and traffic lights that is in the middle of a school zone, but I guarantee that no judge is going to let me off if I contest a speeding fine because I disagree with the law. Bottom line, they make the rules, obey them or cop it.

Strike number three is that if your car is modified even in the slightest, you're screwed, even if you're right. My experience is that most police won't pull you over if you are sensible on the roads, even with a relatively heavily modified car. However, if you do get pulled over and you end up contesting a claim made by a police officer, you're done for. Hoons (for lack of a better word) are considered to be the scum of the earth by law enforcement agencies. We rate even lower than the toe cheese. No judge in their right mind would support someone like you in a case unless you had video evidence to prove your innocence. You would find it hard enough to win in court if you were a pensioner widow, you have no hope as a car enthusiast.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's life. I contract for the RTA in NSW, and I can tell you that unless you have some serious evidence, you will never win a dispute over an offence, ever. It just doesn't happen. It's even reaching the point where police officers can book you for speeding based on their estimation. That's how much people trust the judgement of police officers, keep that in mind when you dispute the judgement call of an officer.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    GenesisEG your wrong, i took mine to court, the cop had a video of me doing the wrong thing, i was in a bus lane 400M before hand. but the video had no speed, i even hit 85 on a 80 road while in that bus lane before turning into uni, my car has an exhaust etc etc so its loud. cop gave me the fine and i didnt even show up on the court date. i get a letter saying your fine is now $120 and not $280 so overall. i forgot about my court date, and the judge gave me a deduction in how much i had to pay, cop's arnet always right, most people who take it to court that ive heard of win.. just say u stopped looked left and right then went, how can the cop ****ing time you three seconds, did he have a stopwatch out? no.. so just argue that u observed and saw no cars and drove off. i rekon ull win 100% goodluck champ

So many Cop Fanboys on here, its amazing

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakygreek View Post
    So many Cop Fanboys on here, its amazing
    its just Drew the Perfect Citizen of Australia.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by THEEYA View Post
    its just Drew the Perfect Citizen of Australia.
    like =D
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

are you a cop drew? i think everyone smells bacon...............

as stated before, if you think your right, do something about it! but if you're unsure and doubt yourself i don't think its worth your time and money, but what others said is true, no way the cop timed you, as long as you can be completely confident that you looked both ways and knew what was happening i think you've got a chance.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    As soon as i read the topic... i knew it was that stop sign outside the bus stop at indro shopping center. I have seen the police there a few times now ! it was last week sometime wasnt it?

If your not going to loose income / money by contesting it in court (ie having to take a day off work to make a court appearance) I say give it a go. Will all be good experience even if you loose. Dress well, get some legal advice (possible grounds to argu and find out how the general process will unfold in court etc). Build yourself a simple case to present yourself in court... maybe try back it up with a witness. Dont get emotional, act mature and professional - maybe get some character references / testimonals from people you know (Non family related). If you have a good clean driving history, be sure to mention that. Also if you are on a tight budget due to being a student or apprentise works well too.

If you are going to loose money by sacrificing a days income, id say let it slip and pay up. Take it on the chin and move on. Money / Time / Effort is all relative
    Last edited by Sexc86; 14-02-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    just so you guys know theres a member on here and his a cop so watch the harh bacon words LOL!
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    firstly drew ur a tool. act all high and mighty and it wont take long b4 no one gives a crap about your opinion.
    secondly THEEYA ur a legend. perfect citizen of australia... very classy burn
    thirdly i personally suggest taking sexc86's advice, but do beware even if you do win chances are you'll be attracting ALOT more attention.