Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[VIC]registradion of new engine

Just hope to get some info for registradtion of a new engine B16B to a civic eg GL
    What i need to do and prepare for registradion?

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    woudlve been faster for you to go to vicroads website that make this damn thread!

http://vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Regi...ifications.htm
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

What chance would I have of registering a turbo dc2 from interstate in Victoria? It doesn't come with an engineering cert, its on REVS as a repairable write off. Is it worth it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by danage View Post
    What chance would I have of registering a turbo dc2 from interstate in Victoria? It doesn't come with an engineering cert, its on REVS as a repairable write off. Is it worth it?
    not worth it.
    unless ur willing to go and get it engineered
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Would the engineering just be for RWC purposes?? What if I could get a Roadworthy and registered without the engineer cert? Would i still have trouble in the future? And how much are Engineering certs these days?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by danage View Post
    Would the engineering just be for RWC purposes?? What if I could get a Roadworthy and registered without the engineer cert? Would i still have trouble in the future? And how much are Engineering certs these days?
    You'll be in trouble if you ever get pulled over, other than that.. how will they know? I know a lot of B18 and B16 conversions don't get engineered. That's a bit different though as a turbo is a bit more obvious. Also ,if it's a repairable write off then you'll need a VIV certificate too.

As stated before, too much hassle. Don't bother.

hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread for this topic but what happens if the car is bought interstate and was registered over there with a H22 into EK. do i need to get VASS here in melb before i can transfer registration with vicroads? or will a rwc suffice? thanks in advance!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    If it's already engineered then I dont think you'll need to get a VASS. Best to clarify with VicRoads though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    sh1tbox
    I have called vicroads, they have advised me if the engine is already registered with the vehicle in another state. You wont have a problem transferring it over to victoria
    Would you change the life you love, for the love of your life?

nGGGG!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    sorry to bump this back up.

just another similar question but this time, the vehicle is unregistered so either way ill need to go to vicroads for an inspection
    but upon doing that I also wanted to do an engine conversion, nothing like a B16 or anything, just a D15B4 dual carb to a ZC.
    I was reading on VicRoads about change of engines and it states 2 options:
    Replacement engine is identical to the original engine, or is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle and Replacement engine is not of a type offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option.

so how are we to verify that its a 'option' for the vehicle?
    but either way, is it true ill still need an engineers certificate and a VASS certificate right? (not sure if its the same thing or not)

thanks for any help
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread for this topic but what happens if the car is bought interstate and was registered over there with a H22 into EK. do i need to get VASS here in melb before i can transfer registration with vicroads? or will a rwc suffice? thanks in advance!
    All you need is a RWC.
    Don't listen to all these jokers.
    If it's already registered, all you need is a roadworthy, take it to VicRoads, hope to god they don't check the engine number against the car and you should be sweet.