Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09

K&N panel filter vs POD?

Hey everyone, im just wondering which would be best to put into my 2009 Honda Civic FD2 Sport?

Would a replacement K&N panel filter be the best choice? or would purchasing a POD be better? or just stick with OEM?

I have searched quite a few forums, and some people state that a POD is much worse considering it sucks in more heat, then if you purchased a panel filter replacement and keeping the factory box it sucks in cooler air?

whats your opinions?

thanks!
    Last edited by Mrcivic09; 02-09-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    mm ii have the same dilemmaa =[

Depends what your looking for. If you simply a louder response for the car, the pod filter will come in use for simply the use of the noise. The Panel filter will not make a difference in noise as far as i know. If you want to counter heatstroke, a Cold Air intake system would be a smart move.

RBC manifold needed for CAI in fd2s... therefore 1000+ for intake!
    plus all the CEL problems when using pods, few get it right...
    might be better to use panel filter n mod the stock air box ... my 2cents

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    ==" RBC Intake so expensive

Doesnt injen make FD2 CAI's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcivic09 View Post
    Hey everyone, im just wondering which would be best to put into my 2009 Honda Civic FD2 Sport?

Would a replacement K&N panel filter be the best choice? or would purchasing a POD be better? or just stick with OEM?

I have searched quite a few forums, and some people state that a POD is much worse considering it sucks in more heat, then if you purchased a panel filter replacement and keeping the factory box it sucks in cooler air?

whats your opinions?

thanks!
    I personally think that PODs are pointless if there is good airflow with your stock box...Example: my EG4 has good airflow to the plenum using only a bendy pipe, original box with original piping to the throttle body with a k&n panel filter.

but its all personal choice...if you can get a full induction kit with a box for the pod and piping that runs to the box then thats something to look at but if your just going to take the airbox and airbox piping out and put a pod where your box should be, dont bother all you will get is hot air.

hope that helps.
    Spirited D-series driver...

Quote Originally Posted by ekay1 View Post
    Doesnt injen make FD2 CAI's?
    yes but need RBC manifold which is $5XX... plus CAI $4XX then labour/tuning and it might be $2K...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    K&N filter will have hardly any effect - reason being that the vast majority of intake resistance is from the plumbing and resonators, the filter does hardly anything.

So, a pod would probably do better than the stock system - just that it takes in warm air

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Pod filter or aftermarket cai is completely useless and a waste of money. why? because factory airbox already does the job. it's even got a snorkel with a duct. although it leads to no where. you can modify it to draw in more cold air.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09
    thanks for your help everyone, i think i will be keeping it OEM.

@ 6-SpeedManual, how would i go about modifying the snorkel duct to draw in more cold air? sorry if the question is a bit noob.