Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch issue..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

Clutch issue..

This happened before, i gave it in to mechanic and he made it all better, but i wanna know whats going on. For some reason if i dont drive the car for more then a day my clutch becomes alot softer.. And i gotta pump it for it to get into gear.. I got into the car after i left it at work for about 7-9 hours. The clutch felt a little looser. The next day i didnt drive it, but the day after i went to start it and the clutch would touch the floor with almost no back pressure.. So i filled up my clutch fluid to almost rim, and pumped clutch until it felt strong again..This was about 3 days ago. Now the clutch is 'semi loose', and takes just a couple of pumps at every second set of lights for gears to run in smooth. Also the actual clutch feels flatter, as in if you clutch dump it it wont spin, rather it feels as though its letting the clutch slip in without that actual kick.. WHATS HAPPENING??? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Possible leak in your clutch cylinder or clutch slave hose.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    thats what i thought.. But last time it happened. The mecahnic said he just adjusted the lever, and put some fluid in there. It lasted about 3 months after that.. So i dont know if its a leak worth worrying about..?

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    It is.

Itll eventually get bigger and possibly spli open and then you are literally focked if you were driving on the motorway.

Take it to antoher mechanic as the one you are taking it to doesnt seem like he knows what he is doing.

If you have heavy duty clutch and stiffer mounts it is recommended to get an aftermarket braided clutch slave hose.

Check your clutch slave hose and other parts of teh clutch related areas for leaks, have someone step on the tluch pedal while u look to see if it leaks out as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    check the Clutch master cylinder under ur steering wheel, see if its leaking like if it left a trail going down to the carpet area. if yes then change your cmc, if your slave cylinder is leaking itll b leaking under the car so check that. could also be your clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    ill check tomorrow morning. Whats meant by 'might be your clutch'. Because ever since that happened, the clutch feels very empty. No bounce in the car if you drop it and stuff....????

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    well if your CMC/SC arnt leaking, its most likely your clutch. Im getting my clutch master cylinder changed in the morning, my pedal is really spongy and soft aswell. if it gets firmer then my problem was CMC, but if its still the same then i think my clutch is gone. im having similar problems so ill let you know how it pans out for me and ill reply to you asap. how many KM have you put on the car, and are your gears crunchy like does it feel like theres a wall blocking each gear?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    ahhh legend man. I got 110XXX kms on it. And yea when its cold its feels abit like that. But once the clutch gets pumped, after about 15 mins driving its all smooth.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin09 View Post
    well if your CMC/SC arnt leaking, its most likely your clutch. Im getting my clutch master cylinder changed in the morning, my pedal is really spongy and soft aswell. if it gets firmer then my problem was CMC, but if its still the same then i think my clutch is gone. im having similar problems so ill let you know how it pans out for me and ill reply to you asap. how many KM have you put on the car, and are your gears crunchy like does it feel like theres a wall blocking each gear?
    Well got it checked out and fixed today. Apparently the seal in my clutch cyclinder was cracked. The one on top of pedal. Cost me 200 for it to get seviced, they just replaced the seals apparently. I couldnt be stuffed to check around prices, so im not sure if that was a good price or if i got dicked.. But after that it was sweet And according to dynalicious i done 0-100 in 5.1

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    haha awesome ye i got my CMC replaced today it runs really well now as well i was going to tell you to get it checked out cause it made mine much better

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Ah sweet man. Yea im pretty sure they just 'serviced' mine. How much did a new one set you back?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    Hey.. Yep it sounded like what 'Engin09' said firstly and if some one did adjust your "lever" VeYzZii i hope it was readjusted when your cmc was repaired or you may end up riding your clutch and burning it out!! do you still have some freeplay before the pedal gets hard when you first press on it?
    A genuine clutch master cylinder would set you back about hundred someodd, but the piston assy inside it that would be the only thing most people replace, costs you about $35 genuine at honda.. and if you wanted to do it real cheap you could buy the 2 seals for the piston assy at a brake and clutch suppliers for about less then $5...Then all you need is 1 bottle of brake fluid, hose, 12mm rachet with extention bar, 10mm spanner, 2 pairs of pliers, torch/light,small split pin, maybe some 2000grit wet an dry paper..Time=1hr. can be done in about 15mins tho....... haha
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!