Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Shifting in Auto

Hey guys, i was flicking through the manual last night and came across the section which had info about driving etc. I saw a section which said that you could switch from " 1 to 2 to D3 to D" ( since i drive Auto ) and was wondering if i could drive it in the sense of a manual car. I did not want to attempt this, JUST incase something stuffed up the mechanism. For example, shifting from gear 1 to 2 then to D3 then to D without stopping the car. Would this be safe?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    if it says it in the manual why not, just dont do it too much i guess

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    People do this a lot, I don't really know why though, doesn't make that much of a difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    ... it is safe, pointless but safe. the gearing is mainly designed for towing or going uphills which will require more torque from a lower gear.
    If something stuffed up whilst doing it, I'd probably think you were in one gear red lining the crap out of it
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    b&m hammer shift yo
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Yeah, i tried it out just then, it isnt that smooth either which is a shame and downshifting stuffs up the gears i think. judging by the sound, isnt a good idea. I wasnt redline shifting, shifted at around 3-4k and it was alright... but isnt as great as i was expecting it to be. Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    haha yeah Timmy (ekcoupe) was doing the same thing - All the time.

So he sold his auto and bought a manual

Best soulution!

OR

Just leave it in D and concentrate on ya lines,like me hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Just, please just don't try to make it 'sound' a manual by backing off your accelerator pedal before it shifts like some kids do.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Just, please just don't try to make it 'sound' a manual by backing off your accelerator pedal before it shifts like some kids do.
    hey! i do that rofls in my civic sedan but not so much anymore cause ive got a manual to drive nows LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    I was planning to use it for fun purposes.....

i herd getting a manual shiftboot on an auto makes you go faster aswell http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...diy+shift+boot

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    Quote Originally Posted by ekay1 View Post
    Yeah, i tried it out just then, it isnt that smooth either which is a shame and downshifting stuffs up the gears i think. judging by the sound, isnt a good idea. I wasnt redline shifting, shifted at around 3-4k and it was alright... but isnt as great as i was expecting it to be. Thanks guys
    did you let go of the gas pedal ? you needa do that to make it smooth LOL