Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1

Question DC5 Type R vs RX8

hey guys just need your opinion,
    as the title suggests its between the dc5 R and the Rx8 ( i know its a honda forum but biasedness aside which would u prefer )
    to me
    the Dc5 has good handling, looks ( exterior ) better fuel economy and i would think better reliability compared to the rotary and better resale value ( however i tend to keep the car for a few years )
    the rx8 looks good, great interior , more practical, rear wheel drive
    i want it for a daily driver what i want in a car would be good performance and handling, nice exterior, bit of sofistication and luxury for the interior as its a daily, and the usual fuel economy reliability etc
    they both cost about the same, the dc5 has less power 147kw but is about 200 kg lighter but the rx8 has 177kw
    as i have said both have their strong points but the Dc5 is lacking in the interior and practicality department compared to the rx8 IMO but the rx8 SUCKS with fuel economy around 380km/ tank (61L)
    So which of these two would you pick if u were in my situation ( biasedness aside ) and please just between these two cars
    - btw which of these would have better performance, handling and aftermarket support
    cheers guys much appreciated
    Last edited by Prince_James; 03-09-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    if daily driver, then go for better fuel economy = DC5, just my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by waix View Post
    if daily driver, then go for better fuel economy = DC5, just my opinion.
    thanks for the opinion waix i thought about that too, but the rx8 is more practical than the dc5 as u can actually use the back seats, the shape of the hatch on the dc5 makes the back seats pretty much useless unless u have really short passengers or just short trips =S

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    As said, if it's a daily go for the DC5. If it's a weekend car then go for a RX7

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    the rx8 has a bunch of issues with reliability...but its hella nice as a luxury car over the dc5r and it handles very nicely.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Depends if your looking for a more sportier feel, i think that the DC5 will suit your needs, plus fuel economy would help during the daily driving needs. There is also a price different between the two, the DC5 being the cheaper alternative. However, the rx8 has that more luxurious feeling with leather seats and is almost impossible to seat at the back lol

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by M@lew View Post
    As said, if it's a daily go for the DC5. If it's a weekend car then go for a RX7
    hmmm wouldnt mind a rx7 too bad im on p plates xP

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    the rx8 has a bunch of issues with reliability...but its hella nice as a luxury car over the dc5r and it handles very nicely.
    how bad are the reliability issues? mmm yeah thats why i am soo tempted cause i want a car that is sporty but with a somewhat luxury interior and the dc5 doesnt really offer the luxury interior where as the rx8 does as its a sports luxury =D

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by ekay1 View Post
    Depends if your looking for a more sportier feel, i think that the DC5 will suit your needs, plus fuel economy would help during the daily driving needs. There is also a price different between the two, the DC5 being the cheaper alternative. However, the rx8 has that more luxurious feeling with leather seats and is almost impossible to seat at the back lol
    i am looking for a sportier feel and i do believe the dc5 handles better ( correct me if i am wrong ) but if i get the dc5 i would lose the option of the luxury interior the leather seats are so tempting and to the me dash looks a hell of alot better than the dc5
    i think the rx8 s back seats are more usable than the dc5 ( again correct if im wrong )

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    i guess its a matter of
    dc5 vs rx8
    basic sporty interior vs luxury interior
    good fuel economy vs bad fuel economy
    fwd vs rwd
    sporty vs luxury sport
    hmmmm wished i could have the best of both worlds =(

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW M3
    If your a P-Plater , you won't be able to drive the Mazda Rx8 has 1308cc which is over the "a rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications"
    Last edited by vvxtam; 03-09-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    rotary = rebuild every 6-12months

seriously.

i would get a rx8. why. because rx8 over dc5r.. LOL
    rather go dc2r over rx8 but

dc5r = get your seats stolen parking at woolies LOL
    rx8 = no one steals shit LOL