Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    first car the subaru is great. its really economical. but you wont be producing any real power. its a 4 door. and its great to throw your mates in to drive up to the city. heaps of space. really good car. just no power. and its a fwd aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i would consider the 2001-2003 Liberty Rx over the RS any day

i really wouldnt get a non-turbo subaru - they are amazing cars, but they are heavy on fuel - both because of the boxer engine and the awd system - that being said the awd system is awsome - but the non-turbo boxer engines they make are severely under-powered

our other car is 99' liberty rx (similar engine to the rs) and it really is designed for towing caravans, not performance - and after being in a solid WRX or forester XT than the non turbos will just annoy you

if you want to stay n/a or 'p plate freindly' (not that we have that over here in WA lol) than i would stick to Dc5-R, Dc5-S or an EP3
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    yeahhh originally i was tossing up between the ep3 r or the dc5 r but then i started thinking since its a daily i want the interior to be nice to live with everyday (modern and bit of luxury and sofistication ) thats why i started looking at the rx8 but after some research and the replies to this thread ( thanks guys ) i realised there were some severe downfalls to the rx8 so now im considering the 08 rs as it is also in my price range although it is considerably less powerful but i guess it would make a pretty good daily driver
    But then comes the problem if i wanted a nice daily driver which is a hatch might as well just get a ep3 jmd goodness and awsome performance lolss so im tossiing up between ep3 and dc5 r again lols
    if u guys have anyother suggestions except for the dc5 s that you think would fulfill my requirements and costs no more than 23k feel free to post them
    Cheers guys
    Last edited by Prince_James; 05-09-2010 at 10:59 AM.

i think the mazda 3 sp 23 interior is pretty nice. not as good as ep3/dc5 in the performance department imho but if you're looking for nice looking interior and daily driven car maybe give that a try..

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    For an economic high performance N/A car. you can't go wrong with DC5R.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

for me, it'd be a DC5S. newer car, nicer interior, easy on the fuel, easier to look at everyday, plus its a honda so it's pretty reliable, and also a plethora of aftermarket parts and support. Personally, fuel economy is important for me so if i was tossing up between these two, DC5S hands down. RX8 is nice, but i only like the revised facelifed RX8. The old one looks like its got down syndrome or something when u compare it side by side. Facelifted one = much more aggressive looking

what about a VW Golf GTI? If your budget doesnt allow for the current shape (MK6) then what about the one previous to it? MK5 chassis... you can pick up a decent one for about 23-27K

from a full tank u can get anywhere between 600-650kms

U considered an EP3R, which means u dont mind hatchbacks? GTI interior is pretty big for a small car, both front and back seats..... i'm 6'1 and i sit comfortably in the back seat of the GTI....

Flat bottom steering wheel feels real nice and if u get the DSG gearbox, u get the flappy paddles....its a bit of a gimmick, but still pretty cool...

It's a 2.0L turbo and u can get an ECU flash for it if u want more power, which bumps the power up to approx 155-160 fwkw, so no worries there....

it has independent suspension much like the EP3R, although it is a tad heavier but overall an awesome daily driver with power to boot....and also, mod support is quite good too.

Because its a turbo u can get more power from less money, although i wouldnt recommend going more than, say, 175kw at the front wheels otherwise you'll be wheelspinning everywhere and its just wasted power as u will never be able to use it all on the roads unless u want a fine from the 5-0

plus, german build quality = everything pulls apart, and fits back together like lego. awesome!. I had a CL9 and it was a bitch to take anything apart!

check out www.vwgolf.net.au
    Last edited by SL8512; 05-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    first car the subaru is great. its really economical. but you wont be producing any real power. its a 4 door. and its great to throw your mates in to drive up to the city. heaps of space. really good car. just no power. and its a fwd aswell
    its not economical. my mate has one and hates its fuel economy. its awd not fwd

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Buy my Eg for 23k. =D

Chicks will dig you moar if you drive a RX8.
    my2cents

~King Of Spam~

^ Sif chicks dig the rx8 over the dc5r :P
    The subaru is a nice car i would have to say, wouldnt say fuel efficient though.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    since your loaded you should get a ticket to japan and import a car lol
    Hahahah wished i was loaded. Nahh honestly it too a few years of sacrifice and hard work like doing three 4 shifts a week and cudding down on spending and luxuries to get it. No help from parents thats y i ak so fussy to get the right car so i dont regret all my hqrd work =)

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Sl8512 i would consider a golf gti but im on p plates and nsw restrictions dont allow turbo cars for p platers =(

Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    Chicks will dig you moar if you drive a RX8.
    my2cents
    true.
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!