Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Obviously people here know nothing about a rotary engine. you DO NOT need to rebuild the engine at X amount of kilometres. it's simply called a SERVICE.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    my mates rx8 is on a second engine already wen it hit near 80k's, fuel eccono = expect 350kms full tank (based on mates car) + mazda will try and find every excuse to rip that cash outta ya pocket

all in all, IMO get a dc5, cheaper to maintain, honda reliability, more aftermarket parts, better econno by farRrrr!!

*Not being honda biased*

oh yeh ..... the renesis engine drinks engine oil hard, expect to keep spare oil around the house or in car for top-ups!

-----> and how do i know all this, i live wiff the fool hahha

Member Array
    ^tru that
    MAKE sure u maintain it very very well. it can last way more longer.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Hmm yeah i guess i should call up and ask if they have had engine rebuilds before i buy however i still dont believe that the rx8 was that much of a lemon. And i do believe that uf a care is properly maintained why would the engine need to be rebuilt so often lolsss. Mmm Dc5 R vs Rx8 vs Ep3 R such a hard decision =(

Member Array
    have u driven an rx8?
    if not i tell u right now, at low revs feels like a yarris. but higher rpm its aight.
    pretty gutless imo but nothing a turbo wont do.

but other than that, damn nice car to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    an rx8 does not costs 6g rebuild. cost 2.5g at most. they require rebuild approx 20,000 kms.

definitely not an everyday car, why?

eats petrol
    say if u move ur car out of the driveway u must stay in there till its warm up then u can turn it off, otherwise it will flood.
    must warm up at least quarter temp gauge b4 driving off, so therefore not recommend for daily drive.

u may see tons of people left stranded on d road because of rotary.

this was all told from people i know with rotary's. but anyways rx8 is more reliable then other rotary models.
    Every 20,000??? Please... your kidding me right? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    How about an EP3R?..

k20 + practicle rear seats!

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by hussLEr View Post
    How about an EP3R?..

k20 + practicle rear seats!
    I am considering it as well
    I think its just i kinda prefer coupes to hatchbacks but the look of a championship white ep3 with multispoke white rims are growning on me =D

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Every 20,000??? Please... your kidding me right? lol
    I really dont think they need one every 20000 km that would mean they are probably the most unreliable car ever
    And also means that hyundais are better xP no offence to hyundai lovers xP.
    Buh yeah i doubt the rx8 s up for sale with over 100,000 kms on carsales each have had 5-6 engine rebuilds costing 12.5 -15 k

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_James View Post
    I really dont think they need one every 20000 km that would mean they are probably the most unreliable car ever
    And also means that hyundais are better xP no offence to hyundai lovers xP.
    Buh yeah i doubt the rx8 s up for sale with over 100,000 kms on carsales each have had 5-6 engine rebuilds costing 12.5 -15 k
    20,000k is like what 1yr? roughly estimate when u should b concerned mate.
    rotary's can last up 100ks without even rebuilds but comes down to the owner if they well service it.

rebuilds go for 2.5 - 4 g max if u gonna pay over 6g u mite as well go shoot urself.

just be prepared to rip out cash if u want 1.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    they never mention this crap on car magazines lol ''oh btw your guna be rebuilding ur engine every 2 years or so'' it won wheels coty in 2004? not to sure.
    i no the R35 GTR needs a $10,000 service at its 100,000kms mark. they take the entire engine out and balance it ect. also charge around $1300 for transmission and diff fluid change lol
    i know the BMW M series range get free service while under the 3 year warranty

anyway back on topic. DC5R>RX8 .
    rx8 comes in auto aswell.. DONT GET AUTO loses like 15kw at the engine

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    DC5.

Have driven an RX8 and to be honest I wasn't really amused. It's nice and it goes fast enough, but you don't have that Honda feeling and sound that you get when your VTEC lobes kick in.

I dunno...I feel the same about the 350Z turbo as well. Nice/fast but no 'soul' or 'rawness' that makes you smile when you're thrown back in your seat. It's too smooth, too quite, and just too easy to be amusing...