Help cant feel my clutches

Hi guys,
    I drove my car last night and it was fine . This morning , i took it out from my driveway, i kept stalling it ! so i re-parked and called up a mechanic friend. He stomped hard on the brake pad repetitively and it kinda help the situation. He concluded: i need to change my brake fluid(dot 3 or 4) .

Has anyone got the exact problem? he is a good mechanic , im not doubting him. i jsut want my mind to be at ease so i can go to bed haha.

Honda Integra VTI-R 1999 dc2,brake fluid is below min level
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure the clutch and brakes have separate reservoirs. So I'd assume the two systems aren't linked, which makes this situation a little confusing.

What's the fluid like in your clutch fluid reservoir? Up to max level? and if the brake fluids below min, I think it's time to top up haha :P
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

im pretty sure the fluid for the clutches use the same one as the brake fluids

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    i just did a quick google search and from what i found, the brake and clutch fluids are in 2 separate reservoirs however they use the same fluids - dot3/dot4.
    maybe try bleeding your clutch fluid
    this may help
    http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=644
    edit: another link that may help http://ask.metafilter.com/77676/What...my-cars-clutch
    good luck bud
    Last edited by brandonek1; 06-09-2010 at 12:12 AM.

when you say you cant feel your clutch, do you mean the pedal sinks to the floor or do you mean you cant feel the biting point?

if it sinks to the floor, you most probably have a leaking master cylinder or slave.

good news is, usually when your clutch is out you dont stall so easily so probably not the clutch.

sorry - what does your brakes/brake master cylinder have anything to do with the clutch ?

sure , they both use the same fluid ( DOT 4 ) but thats it. They are totally separate hydraulic systems , independent of each other.

89lude spot on !!

yes it sinks in . i kept stalling my car because i couldnt barely feel the biting point .
    Also, my gear get locked afterward and have to forcefully pushed the gear back to neutral =(.

So i left it at that(glad i did).

have a leaking master cylinder or slave?? <-- explain please?

also i read the link for flushing the clutch fluids, how do i distinguish between the brake and clutch reservoir ?
    thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by ekinnike; 06-09-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    brake reservior is the larger one - also has a floating device in it

the clutch one is the other one.. which is alot smaller..

Ty 1900-hustler for your effort and everyone who was feeding me with the information.
    All resolved.

For anyone who's having the same problem. You can just go buy dot3 or dot4 Brake Fluid(1 bottle(500ml) is enough just to top it up). Yes the pedal sank down, what i did was to pull it back ,push it down (pumping it) and repeat soon u will feel your clutches =)