Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    well i bought the amp and amp kit and im taking my mates subby, but i didnt get the speakers yet. Im just going to wire it up for now so that some time next week when i have time im going to go get speakers and it will be easy to change since all the wiring is dont.
    but do you know what wire i need to use? because the wire is kind of holding up the process.

you can use normal cables but speakers cables arn't expensive dude u get metres of it for a few bux.. so best you just buy them. that way u will be getting maximum sound quality. imo just go out and buy speaker cable. have u wired up the power cable through ur car yet.? make sure u use a decent sized power cable and same sized ground cable.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    i found out i had speaker wire in the sony pack wiring kit i bought.
    wow epic failure, my headunit is coming on but none of my speakers are working :S,, any ideas of what it could be? my head unit is turning on and the sub and amp are both wired up, it was working but then we turned off the car and started tidying up the wires abit and all speakers stopped working.
    if any one has any ideas it will be very helpfull

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Check your speaker wire connections they might be touching each other or grounding out

ye there probably grounding or touching the stock head units cables. i got an accord euro and when i put splits at the front with mini amps the amp wat grounding itsellf to the door so everytime the door moved it would cut all 4 speakers. annoying. so just check the wiring on all speakers. disconnect sub first try to c wat the problem is obviously and don't forget to solder ur cables 2gether for added strength and sticky tape naked wire with PVC (electric) tape.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    my guesws is when you were tidying/adjusting the wiring you pulled them a bit, and out of their connections.

you didnt mention which specific wire you tidied up but im gonna assume its all of em (power/ground/remote/rcas/speaker wire).

soo id obviously check speaker connections, at both the speakers and amp end
    rcas secured at HU/LOC output? rcas secured at amp input?

does the amp turn on still? if not theres something wrong with the power and/or remote wire

pretty easy stuff really. basically just check all connections

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    well yeah it was all of them so its hard to pin point a specfic one,

i did use a LOC, also i soldered the front speakers to the new speaker wire which i ran to the amp. For the LOC we tapped into the back speakers and everything else is pretty much jsut normal

the amp still turns on like normal. Well im going to go outside now and start feedling with it and ill keep youz updated of whats happening.

One more thing my friend is saying maybe its the amp in the head unit or something wrong with the head unit. Could it be that? its a stock dc5 head unit and i havent had problems with it before.

shouldn't be the head unit but dude if u want good sound quality get a DECENT head unit. theres no point getting a sub and amp without having a head unit,.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    i really regret wanting a system its been nothing but screw ups (n)

lol what makes u say that.. it just takes a bit of time and effort.. and most importantly money. but the final product is great. especially if ur doing a solo makas run :P. and its all for the long run experience

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    true that mate

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!! (with abit of help)
    i ended up cutting our my old headunit putting my mates one in and then we figured out the LOC was screwed -.-" , just my luck lol
    so after a few damages here and there to the car i have a system that is working

congrats mate..