Member Array
    Car:
    EK

Mixing and matching springs on EK

Hey guys quick noob question. i'm looking at buying some springs and i've found some ultra lows for the front and super lows for the back which i'm pretty happy with since my front sits a bit high compared to the back.
    Is it fine to do this? or is it unsafe in anyway
    thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    anyone?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    theres no problem in doing this, but it will look funny.. the front will be slammed to the ground and the rears will sit high (1inch gap). ideally you'd want superlows at the front and ultra lows on the rear, because ek's generally sit higher in the rear. and with ultra low fronts, you'll be smashing your lip/headers/everything into the ground

I am pretty sure that everyone does this, but I am not 100% sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by eeKayFouR View Post
    theres no problem in doing this, but it will look funny.. the front will be slammed to the ground and the rears will sit high (1inch gap). ideally you'd want superlows at the front and ultra lows on the rear, because ek's generally sit higher in the rear. and with ultra low fronts, you'll be smashing your lip/headers/everything into the ground
    second this, get some ultra lows on rear and superlows on front the rear of EK is a 4wd stock while the front gives kisses to driveways
    just my experience but yeah it will look sweet if your able to get a good combination as what eekay has mentioned

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    yeah fair enough. just getting a bit impatient waiting for superlows to pop up in FS forums
    guess i'll have to keep waiting for a bit
    thanks fellas

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    if u want you could maybe look into some Eibach Pro-Kit springs supposedly designed to go with stock shocks not sure on the drop it'll give but its a decent option if your only after springs but if you wanted shocks aswell then that would be a different story haha goodluck champ

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    yeah i've heard they are good quality but i'm wanting to spend as little as i can (without getting something dodgy as). pretty poor atm, thats why i'm leaning towards second hand. i guess if worse comes to worst i'll have to go brand new springs in a month or so

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    its perfectly fine.
    to see all of my build, checkout