Thread: Tranny ATF-Z1

Tranny ATF-Z1

hey guys I am going to change my tranny fluid on my CD5, just wondering if anyone knows where to source some cheap ATF-Z1 fluid? I phoned Eastern Honda and they were asking for a hand and a leg for it.

In additon, I saw this Mobil 1 Synthetic ATFs on ebay, asking $65 for 6 US Quarts (6 X 0.946 L = 5.676 L) it says

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is formulated for use in most North American, European and Asian vehicles.

* Approved for Allison C-4 applications

* Exceeds JASO 1-A performance standard

* Also suitable for use in vehicles that specify the following fluid requirements:
    o Audi G 052 025-A2, G 052 162-A1
    o BMW LA2634
    o Esso LT 71141
    o ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B, N402
    o Ford* MERCON*, MERCON V, MERCON LV
    o All 2005 and earlier GM vehicles**
    o Honda ATF-Z1*
    o Hyundai SP-II, SP-III
    o Idemitsu K17
    o JWS 3309
    o Kia SP-II, SP-III
    o MAN 339F, V1, V2, Z1, Z2, Z3
    o Mazda ATF-III, ATF-MV
    o Mercedes-Benz 236.1, 236.2, 236.5, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
    o Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III
    o Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
    o Subaru ATF
    o Toyota T-III, T-IV
    o Voith 55.6335.XX (G607, G1363)
    o Volvo 97340
    o ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A, 14B, 16L, 17C

Which one I should go for, the price are similar (Eastern Honda ATF-Z1 & Ebay Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF), the diff is Mboile 1 are Synthetic where ATF-Z1 I believe is conventional ATF fluid, there is a synthetic version of ATF-Z1 called ATF-Z1 ultra which is not available in Australia...so that's out of the question.

In conclusion, my questions are
    1) Anyone knows where to source some cheap ATF-Z1?
    2) ATF-Z1 vs Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, which one shall I choose?
    Last edited by beback; 07-09-2010 at 04:46 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg
    Well i have the same car as you, each time you drain your transmission less than half the fluid comes out, so you should drain and refill 3 times with a bit of driving in between each change.. when my car had 200,000km the transmisson was extremly harsh thanks to the neglience of the previous owner, i changed the fluid with this nulon brand stuff i bought from some auto shop, it said it would work with honda transmissions. I drained and refilled twice. Once the car got to 205,000 the transmission was still bad and shifted harsh, so i decided to go and get the proper honda brand fluid, it costed $16.50 a litre from the dealer, i drained and refilled the transmission with the genuine ATF 3 times over a course of 5,000km...the cars got 245,000km now and the result is incredible! id say the transmission in terms of smoothness has improved by 100% and shifts like brand new even when the car is stone cold, so in all honnesty i wouldnt put ANYTHING inside the transmission of a CD5 accord unless its genuine honda ATF, hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    don't be a tight ass, hondas are sensitive to the transmission fluids esp autos
    use the atf-z1
    your honda will love you for it/