Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 1996 VTI

accord cd5 coilovers...What to get?!?!

Hey guys,

i really need your support and knowledge on coilovers. So ive been sussing out the forums and have pretty much read everything on lowering my car.

Here are a few options ive been lookin at:
    -Tein SS http://www.titanmotorsports.com/hoacco.html
    -Tanabe Sustec Pro http://www.tanabe-usa.com/s0c.asp?id=6
    -D2 http://www.d2racingsports.com.au/d2suspension.html

So what do you guys think about these? (price Vs comfort Vs adjustable ride height?)
    Any other brands recommended? OH and also if i do get coilovers, recommendations at a place to install them in the Victoria region?

Really want my car lookin nice, neat and lower for summer :P

Cant wait to see your input guys!!! Thanks

a few images of my car to help you see the situation i have hahah

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    You've missed:

BC Racing Coilover
    Silk Road
    Pedders
    King Springs

I personally used BC myself and bang for buck handling at track for $1200, damper adjustment and full ride height adjustable is sufficient on entry to moderate level track use. Wind it down at lowest damper at street and you'll be laughing at how comfortable it is without compromising body roll, handling etc etc.
    Silk road is pretty pricey, heard good comments, haven't experienced how it rolls but I've installed it on my drift pig so can't tell/comments until it's drivable. Pedders, meh rather get ksport at the same price.

Wouldn't you be sufficient using king springs??
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    King spring will screw his shocks up altogether, i'd go for tanabe, people tend to rate BC, but i'm not too sure on their build quality

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 1996 VTI
    ill have a look at some of the other ones you've mentioned...but im leaning towards the tein ss...ive onlt heard good things about them

BC actually sounds good. Where did you buy yours from?

and nah, kings dont lower the car enough...waste of money really for the cd's....may aswell save up that 400 and put it towards coilovers, and its adjustable!

and tanabe ive been reading up arent too bad either....what do you guys think about buyin second hand coilovers? i can get some for $600...been talking to a mate and he said dont go there....opinions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord Vti-S
    sorry to hijack mate, but its still on topic

was wondering what pedders are like? are they a better option then kings? im not willing to fork out the money for coilovers...

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    If you guys want to get BC Racing collies, head down to OnTheRun Motorsport in CLayton south. They are quite reasonably priced there. I got mine there for 1500 inclusive of installation.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 1996 VTI
    nah peddars is expensive as!!! they quoted me $650 just to lower 30mm....im thinking of getting DC coilovers...but might contact OnTheRun Motorsport and ask them for a quote

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 1996 VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by interfooler View Post
    If you guys want to get BC Racing collies, head down to OnTheRun Motorsport in CLayton south. They are quite reasonably priced there. I got mine there for 1500 inclusive of installation.
    oh and interfooler...can you post up more pics for me so i can see your ride height? and what size rims you have on your ride and the tyre profile....if im spending around $1000 i have to check out all my options and see what other people have and make the right choice

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by ash_dhs View Post
    sorry to hijack mate, but its still on topic

was wondering what pedders are like? are they a better option then kings? im not willing to fork out the money for coilovers...
    i had pedders in mine, springs lasted 2 yrs before they sagged.

current suspension is bilstein and eibach, not cheap but well worth the money. dont waste your money on coil overs unless youre going to track it.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

It's not a waste of money if your using the height and damping function
    I for one change my height and damping constantly and Incase of defect you can always raise the car up too
    Your eibach and billstein prolly cost almost a much as most coilovers on offer for accords anyway
    So in the end of the day
    It's what YOU want to achieve from your set up

Timt with the dollar being strong right now
    I'd look into function forms coilovers
    If your in Sydney I'll let you feel for the ride yourself
    I've got top of the line f2 coils but you can get the basic set up for around 850 shipped!
    That's cheap as! And theyve got good reviews in us too

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    each to their own. my cars ride has comfort and i can throw it into corners with confidence. you get what you pay for, keep that in mind
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!