Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    thanks mate

about space got enough

about kickin in im still confused

my mate is running 2 different brands of sub in car and all kick in beautiful thats 1 alpine and 2 jbl on two different amps
    -never underestimate the power of dual carb

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    im not even sure what you mean by 'kick in together'.. elaborate or define what you mean by that

seems youve already set your mind on running both types so dont be confused, just do as you want
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    kicking in together for example a techno song with bass pumping together no delays in middle

na bro still deciding

I'll put my 2c in here...

I fully agree with everyone else ehre saying DO NOT mix brands/models of subs and amps. The only time that this is even vaguely acceptable is if you have a very good active crossover netowrk going that lets you run highs (tweeters), mid (4-6"), mid-base (8"), and sub (10+). If the subs are the same size, but you have got them running off different sources at different levels, it will never give a good clear sound. It's like having two singers trying to hit the same note at the same time.. never going to happen!

But... The only thing that I notice here is that you say about techno with no delays in the middle.... That scares me, really!

If there was a delay, that means that one of your amplifers sucks ass. That's all there is to it.

The biggest question is - Are you going for SPL or quality? If it's SPL, then you won't ever get there with the brands that you are talking about now. Not that they are bad, but they are really not ones that win comps. If you are going for quality, then you really need to learn that sound is the same as a lot of other things in life. Less is more. To sound good, you need dedicated channels, dedicates speakers, and make sure that every part of your system does what it does to the best of it's ability, and nothing else is trying to make up for any "short comings" in the other component.

I'll put my 2c in here...

I fully agree with everyone else here saying DO NOT mix brands/models of subs and amps. The only time that this is even vaguely acceptable is if you have a very good active crossover netowrk going that lets you run highs (tweeters), mid (4-6"), mid-base (8"), and sub (10+). If the subs are the same size, but you have got them running off different sources at different levels, it will never give a good clear sound. It's like having two singers trying to hit the same note at the same time.. never going to happen!

But... The only thing that I notice here is that you say about techno with no delays in the middle.... That scares me, really!

If there was a delay, that means that one of your amplifers sucks ass. That's all there is to it. If that's not the case then some other component sucks ass. There should never be a delay that's noticable to the human ear. That just screams out "budget quality equipment".

The biggest question is - Are you going for SPL or quality? If it's SPL, then you won't ever get there with the brands that you are talking about now. Not that they are bad, but they are really not ones that win comps. If you are going for quality, then you really need to learn that sound is the same as a lot of other things in life. Less is more. To sound good, you need dedicated channels, dedicates speakers, and make sure that every part of your system does what it does to the best of it's ability, and nothing else is trying to make up for any "short comings" in the other component.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    thanks alot broo and everyone

made my decision

as u all know i got kenwood monoblock with 12" kenwood sub 1200w

i will swap it with Alpine V12 amp with Twin Pioneer 10" 1000w each

which one would u guys think have more bass? my existin setup or the one i wanto swap to?

thanks alot one more time guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    which setup would u prefer? and why?

and is it possible for my monoblock to handle the dual pioneer subs?

thanks alot guys really appreciated
    Last edited by rey2009; 11-09-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    yes it can handle it. Monoblocks are more reliable when it comes to running subs. There designed for that.

rey2009 check ur pm ive replied.

============
    my recommendation:
    If u want just loud boomb bass dnt care wat its lyk jst loud.
    Go 4 it do wat u want who gives a fk wat ozhonda finks ur young probly like me enjoy ur life lol do wat u want

If u want CLARITY however Stick with 1 amp 2 subs. Best option is that.
    That kenwood sub isnt the strongest ive had it before not sure about the pioneers though.

Some things are over rated some are under in the car audio world. Think it through you know already how much it'll cost u. Just tlk 2 ur mates ask dem wat dey'd do dnt bother asking forums, forums are good for HELP not for advice half the people on here dont give advice they just bad mouth u.. make up stuff and tell u off for making an opinion.
    The best people oin these forums are mods and admins.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    ^^^ your sig from all the minutes of experience you have? LOL
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    thanks

orite guys

i connected pioneer dual subs with Alpine v12 amp
    results: bass was ok but not as good as my old kenwood setup
    however the amp got really hot even though the amp is made for the dual subs as my dad got it in package

then i connected pioneer subs to my Kenwood monoblock 600w
    results:
    in short
    too good...

so i realised my kenwood monoblock is way more powerfull then Alpine amp

now even my roof is SHAKING@!#%! lol

however one more problem

This is nothing todo with my amp or sub because speakers are connected to the battery (no amp)
    i got bass coming from my speakers when i turn em loud they start to sound shit

is there anyway i can turn off bass from speakers??

very much appreciated for all your help guys
    would rep you but my points are worthless lol
    Last edited by rey2009; 12-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimx View Post
    yes it can handle it. Monoblocks are more reliable when it comes to running subs. There designed for that.

rey2009 check ur pm ive replied.

============
    my recommendation:
    If u want just loud boomb bass dnt care wat its lyk jst loud.
    Go 4 it do wat u want who gives a fk wat ozhonda finks ur young probly like me enjoy ur life lol do wat u want

If u want CLARITY however Stick with 1 amp 2 subs. Best option is that.
    That kenwood sub isnt the strongest ive had it before not sure about the pioneers though.

Some things are over rated some are under in the car audio world. Think it through you know already how much it'll cost u. Just tlk 2 ur mates ask dem wat dey'd do dnt bother asking forums, forums are good for HELP not for advice half the people on here dont give advice they just bad mouth u.. make up stuff and tell u off for making an opinion.
    The best people oin these forums are mods and admins.
    also da bst ppl r da ppl dat type lyk dis yer?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Turn down the bass from your head unit should help with the speakers but if depending on what head unit you have you could also be turning down the bass on the subs