Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Vti w/ B18c2

Stock JDM engine mounts for B16 swap into CRX?

Hi guys,

I'm about to do a B swap (B16A1) to my Gen 2 CRX, and rather than spend $5-600 on Hasport mounts (or something similar) I was wondering whether I could use JDM engine mounts from an 88-91 Civic/CRX that had a B16 originally? Something like this:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/used-jdm-civ...45?source=eisi

Is there anything that would prevent me from using these with a B16A1 in my Gen 2 CRX? I realise one drawback is that they would be in worse condition than new Hasport items, but if they were combined with a new set of bushings such as these:

http://www.robearracing.com/pd-energ...ivic-88-91.cfm

Would that solve the problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Your only option is to buy the Hasport mounts or other aftermarket b-series engine mounts. The OEM B16A engine mounts from the CR-X SiR will not fit the mount brackets on any CRX which originally had a d-series engine.. the engine bays are NOT identical.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    As above is true you need After market Engine Mounts

The EF8 crx and EF9 civic JDM model which came with B16a1 has wider engine bay which requires different mounts
    Some people have said they have the same size engine bay as Da9 Ingtera 90-93 (don't quote me one this)

If you go with a B16a2 or B18c you need to change the Timing belt side mount on engine to da9 B18b engine mount on the engine

Or this will be what it look like
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Vti w/ B18c2
    Cool no worries, thanks for the replies guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    also remember when you buy the aftermarket mounts, make sure you already know/have your gearbox (cable or hyrdo) so you can get the gearbox mount to suit.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Innovative make engine mounts to convert your engine from D-series to B-series and my friend who is using them told me they were about $400.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    And OEM EF8 engine mounts are over $1,000 if you can find them. Somebody I know recently bought the last set of new ones in the country.