Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmets!

Helmets!

Anyone know a good store with some good helmets? Been looking at the brand Icon because they have some sexy shit but most stores I have visited don't stock them.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Where are you located? I have a Shoei TZR, its a good brand, comfortable and pretty light. Love it. Not sure if the TZR is selling anymore, must be a new model by now.
    Deano.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Remember to not base your decision on its look first, how it feels on your head is the answer. Go and check out MCA's if you are in Sydney, massive range of helmets.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 94
    I purchased my Icon helmet from the helmet warehouse in Bankstown!
    aka - smnt - preludeaustralia.com

just outside melb, shoei dosent fit me very well.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    try on a lot of brands. also the cheaper the price the cheaper the materials used.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Agreed - cheaper helmet will also sacrifice things like airflow, weight, removable liners, roid noise reduction etc etc...
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT
    Mate

Try Sydney City Motorcycles online, lots of helemets there, i have a Shark,
    the Icon is good value, but go for a helmet that gives no strain on your neck
    basically it should be light..
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    Postman Bike
    helmet warehouse in yagoona has some good ones, cheap prices aswell. if its not in stock they may be able to order it in if you ask

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    Try a Arai for fit if a Shoei is not comfortable, then try AGV, Shark etc until you find the one which is the most comfortable. Also make sure that you're wearing the helmet at the right angle and pulled down on your head. New helmets will feel fairly tight when you first try them on and will push your cheeks in (but not to the extent you'll chew your cheeks if you open your mouth). Do the neck strap up and you shouldn't have much movement if you grab the helmet and twist it from side to side. You shouldn't be able to roll the helmet forward very much either. Everybody has different shape heads and the helmets available all vary in shape as well and this is why the helmet which fits you the best might not be the one you want the most! Do you get into Melbourne CBD much and what's your budget?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by >Ice< View Post
    just outside melb, shoei dosent fit me very well.
    we get USA version of the shoei. Japan models have different liners for Asian shape head. Seriously.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    guys can i legally use SA2005 helmet on the street ?