Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR

Recommend? heavy duty Clutch For 99 PRELUDE VTIR ( SYDNEY AREA )

Hey,

I've got a 1999 prelude VTIR , im just curious because i want to get a light flywheel and heavy duty clutch soon for my car, I'm looking for something pretty good! If i can, could you guys please tell me some places you know thats good maybe you've gone there before and can tell me... I live in SYDNEY so anything close to parramatta / blacktown area wiill be much appreciated.

thanks heaps !!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    call around some workshops for supply and fit for an Exedy clutch. Speak to Hannys Smithfield or Good Performance Yennora for a start

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I'd reccomend that you call TODA AU to get your exedy clutch, its ALOT cheaper than what execdy sells to their customers. Then search around for mechanic etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    You might want to also check out Competition Clutch. They do a single piece chromoly steel flywheel that isn't much heavier than aluminium ones as well as stage 1 to 5 clutches. Cheaper shipping if you ship both together. Same applies if you go with the exedy clutch and Fidanza or whatever flywheel. No point paying extra for a local clutch if you are going to end up importing a flywheel.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR
    roughly how much do you think this excedy heavy duty clutch will cost me, i wna get the lot changed..pressure plate etc, is there a good combination on a exedy heavy duty clutch with a lighten flywheel or are they all the same shit. ? thanks for your replies btw !! appreciate it.

exedy or ACT are the brands i would stick with
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    exedy or ACT are the brands i would stick with
    actually speaking of that i had a search on ebay.. not that i want to buy from ebay if i can help it but i have seen ALOT of ACT brand ones for sale, thats the flywheel and pressureplate nd clutch , do you know what they are like ??

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    half the cost would be labour dude, so i think best to call around if you want to get the best price. you can always ask for supply and install costs as separate quotes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR
    i got a mechanic to do this for me, friend of a friend . but yeah i need to get these 2 things. ive sent a email to TODA but they havent replied it seems i guess ill just keep trying. i would like to know but ACT OR EXCEDY what u reckon ?
    Last edited by sultanaz; 09-09-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sultanaz View Post
    actually speaking of that i had a search on ebay.. not that i want to buy from ebay if i can help it but i have seen ALOT of ACT brand ones for sale, thats the flywheel and pressureplate nd clutch , do you know what they are like ??
    I have the ACT XTSS and no problems with it, or the ACT flywheels.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    I have the ACT XTSS and no problems with it, or the ACT flywheels.
    oh really ? oh wow and the flywheel too cool !. where did u get urs from ? how much $ ? is it heavy duty 1 or ?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Email replied.
    Exedy H22A heavy duty (HCK-6521HD) clutch kit is $355 - pick up
    Extreme 4.4kg lightweigh flywheel is $505 - pick up
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au