Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ello all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi

ello all

Hey guys and gals,

First of all, this is such an awesome site!!! =D
    I have been looking at various posts every now and then and thought it is time to join.

Okay, im new to all this, technically a forum virgin.

I live in Hervey Bay about 3 hrs north of Brisbane.

I have had a couple different cars in my lifetime, i shall list them..

1. 91' or 92' (cant remember lol) Mitsubishi Lancer 4 door hatch back 1.5L carby engine
    Mods - cat-back exhaust

2. 95' Mitsubishi Lancer coupe CC 1.5L carby engine
    Mods - Lowered, cannon exhaust, 17 inch mags (i couldnt take corners more than 5kms so i changed to 15 inch mags lol) sports steering wheel, tacho, stereo...i spent too much money on this car..

3. 99' Mitsubishi Magna TH (Manual) 3.5L V6
    Mods - Lowered, Redback cat-back exhaust, was too quiet so i changed the muffler for a cannon lol, 16 veranda rims

4. 92' Toyota Corolla 4 door hatchback 1.6 carby engine
    Mods - stereo, lowered, cannon muffler

5. 99' Honda Civic ek cxi 1.6 efi engine (D16Y4)
    Mods - stereo, tinted windows, lowered (king springs i think), 15inch mags, 195/50/15 tyres, cat-back exhaust, Pod filter, aftermarket tacho, rear bumper kit, front bumper (I'm not sure what model it is from, but it doesn't have those rubber bump things on the sides of the front and rear bumpers that i see on a lot of ek civics)

I have to say out of all these cars that i have owned, the civic is the most fun. The handling is amazing, and i dont even have coil overs, anti-roll bars (what ever they are called lol) etc. I have only owned the civic for a couple months so far. I managed to get it with all the mods already done except for the stereo and tacho (pain how the cxi models don't have one standard)

well, just thought i would say hi

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04562..JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	400.6 KB 
ID:	15938  

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Welcome mate! Great to have you here. Enjoy the forums.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Ayyyeee you dont know how excited i am to finally have another person in Hervey Bay with Hondas! If you ever need anything AT ALL mate just send me a pm or something I'm sure i'd be able to help. My last Civic was an EK but that had a b18c in it :P so yeah if you need anything (advice, places to buy car parts, help with installations) just let me know!
    SunCoast Hondas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi
    cool cool, good to know man. thx
    yeh, ive only ever seen a couple hondas out and about on the roads in Hervey Bay.. kinda like they are rare here lol..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    They are man i had the completely black one with the Mugen bodykit then i sold that and got the silver Ek with black boot n bonnet, i think i know where you live lol ive seen your car (if its the one in the display pic) always parked there :P
    SunCoast Hondas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi
    I've seen the silver one a couple times.. haha, yer that is my car.. its a small world aye..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Yeah bro you're not wrong haha I've got a little silver EG now, got big plans for it you got any plans for yours?
    SunCoast Hondas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi
    Nice, if i had heaps of money i would do an engine conversion.. however that is not the case
    Probably just keep it as it is for now and see what happens...maybe some suspension mods...not worth spending money on the D16Y4 imo or maybe i should just save up for a VTI-R model lol =P
    I wonder which model Honda has the best handling out of the Civics, Crx, Integras and Preludes....i shall do a search
    BTW what engine does your EG have? Have you noticed a difference in handling between the EG and EK models? I guess it depends on what suspension mods you have as well.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Its got the D15 in it, surprisingly responsive for being stock, all the suspension on the car is stock and i can honestly say it handles sooo much better than my silver EK which was just on low kings. My black EK was a different story cause that was on low kings as well as shorter travel shocks before i put the Buddyclub N+ coilovers in there then it was harsh as. Mind you the silver EK was a cxi and had no sway bars nothing, this eg at least has a front sway bar and my black EK was a VTiR so it had swaybars front and rear
    SunCoast Hondas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi
    Kewl, yeah i reckon the D16Y4 in my EK goes alright when u get the revs up... but then again i've never driven a car with vtec lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    The difference is day and night man, its insane. I miss it a little but this EG is a project of mine once i get a better job n start sorting my life out it'll get a heart transplant and all the other fun stuff
    SunCoast Hondas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic ek cxi
    Oh okay kewl, vtec sounds like fun! Yer, a project would be awesome fun man.. each time u get a package arrive at your doorstep u get all happy and tingly in the stomach lol. Not to mention u can say that u have built the car from scratch.
    Keep me updated with your progress =D