Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo

Will the car run fine after i have changd 2 a GM 3bar map sens or will it need a tune

Ok so ive installed my GM 3 bar map sensor ready for high boost tune tomorrow and ive used the instructions in the link below, my map sensor and plug setup looks just like the one in the link also

http://www.hondata.com/tech3barmap.html

When ive gone to plug it in and start the car it idles very rough. Is this because the map sensor needs to be tuned in or does that mean ive installed it incorrectly?

I've kept the original plug so i can just plug it back in and that worked fine.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    what ecu have you got?

it runs rough because the gm map sensor is sending out a different reading compared to the oem map. if you got hondata, the gm map sensors are a selectable map sensor option
    Last edited by MR-VTEC; 09-09-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Nah i have power fc...

Soo does that mean tomorrow ill just drive it to the tuner with the stock map sensor plugged in and then when i get there we just plug in the new one as they are both wired up ready and then tune it and it should be fine after that?

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Defo need a calibration in the pfc, 3 bar map sensor outputs different voltage reading.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFwd View Post
    Nah i have power fc...

Soo does that mean tomorrow ill just drive it to the tuner with the stock map sensor plugged in and then when i get there we just plug in the new one as they are both wired up ready and then tune it and it should be fine after that?
    correct

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    K cool thanks...Should be putting it upto 22psi tomorrow. See how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Yow, tell us how u went!!! I would like to see some nice numbers, we could buddy up sometime.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    im not sure about powe fc,

but hondata lets you select what map sensor you have. which would let hondata know that it needs to allow for the different voltage from the sensor.

most likey the old map sensor and the new map sensor will both have a 0-5 volt output, but just on a different scale, so changing one to the other will put your car on a different part of the fuel and ignition map, so the engine should run really really poorly, if it even runs at all.