Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Im not to sure, had the s2000 for over 8 months.. The car was bought with hideos 20'' chrome rims (which are for sale... , and i do give the car for a bit of a beating, no clunking, no whining.. All sweet on this. The diff has never been changed/replaced/rebuilt..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    Im not to sure, had the s2000 for over 8 months.. The car was bought with hideos 20'' chrome rims (which are for sale... , and i do give the car for a bit of a beating, no clunking, no whining.. All sweet on this. The diff has never been changed/replaced/rebuilt..
    find the biggest stockpile of wood and spend the whole day touching it lol.

also that is awesome, so much cash saved!
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Wow awesome thread! Let us know how it goes in your car

sorry for the late reply folks but unfortunatly nothing has changed the same noise is still present after replacing all the seals and bearings in the diff there was no visible wear to the LSD, crown wheel or pinion so im unsure of what it may be.

im gonna put it back up on the hoist on saturday and try listen to the rear wheel bearings with a stethascope (the thing the docs use to hear ur heartbeat only a mechanics one has a long aluminum rod on the end of it) as the noise now seems to be more auditable from the drivers side and not so much from the passanger seat all in all im glad i done it myself it was fun to pull apart and rebuild, im mostly glad i didnt pay for it to be done or id be $2000+ out of pocket lol

now iv come across another delema my radiator is leaking lol so if ne one has one would it be great i posted this in the WTB section too.

ill let u know how i go with the rear wheel bearings. as for a DIY goto google n search for an online S2000 workshop manual, same goes for gearbox removal the instructions r all there
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

woooo new radiator is in, car is back on the road now im happy the top tank on the radiator had a crack in it 10cm long :S
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Woot nice that was fast!

About the diff noise, does it happen on acceleration and deceleration? Or just acceleration or even just with speed? if its not in your diff or one of the components you replaced, I wonder what else it could be!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro 2003 MT
    Sorry to bring this thread up again guys.... but I been having some diff issues of my own. I posted something up on s2ki but havent gotten much back from there... thought maybe I'd try here... this is the post I had up on s2ki

Was wondering if you can clear up something for me.... I've done a bit of searching around on this site and found quite a few topics on diff whine. Most seem to indicate that diff whine thats directly proportinal with road speed is most likely the lead up toa blow diff. In my case I'm getting slight diff whine that slightly noticable with the roof down and quite noticable with the roof closed. The difference with me is it seems to be a specific range or RPM or rd speed. For example in 6th gear at 90KM/h it start to whine under power and by the time I've hit 100KM/h or approx 62mph the whine is gone.... is this normal for the S2000 ? it happens in all gears I'm guessing at specific RPM/load. IF you exceed that range or go below it in that specific gear the whine stops.... I'm not sure how long its been happening for (maybe 6 month)... the car has so many noises with the roof closed that I cant tell whats normal and whats not !

Thanks

Can anyone help me with this ? I was driving around yesterday trying to replicate the noise again....it only happnes under power when accelerating in pretty much every gear through 3000rpm under moderate load and disapears once I've gone past 4000rpm.... well it either disapears or the engine noise is masking the whine so I cant really hear it. but under 3000 rpm there is def no diff whine... I have also tried rolling to a stop from about 70km/h in neutral and again no diff whine.... the car was serviced at honda approx 7000km again for the 80K major service so I assume they have changed all the diff and gear box oil with OEM stuff.

Any ideas ?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    sorry for the late reply folks but unfortunatly nothing has changed the same noise is still present after replacing all the seals and bearings in the diff there was no visible wear to the LSD, crown wheel or pinion so im unsure of what it may be.

im gonna put it back up on the hoist on saturday and try listen to the rear wheel bearings with a stethascope (the thing the docs use to hear ur heartbeat only a mechanics one has a long aluminum rod on the end of it) as the noise now seems to be more auditable from the drivers side and not so much from the passanger seat all in all im glad i done it myself it was fun to pull apart and rebuild, im mostly glad i didnt pay for it to be done or id be $2000+ out of pocket lol

now iv come across another delema my radiator is leaking lol so if ne one has one would it be great i posted this in the WTB section too.

ill let u know how i go with the rear wheel bearings. as for a DIY goto google n search for an online S2000 workshop manual, same goes for gearbox removal the instructions r all there
    hey mate iv got a copy of the s2000 service manual PDF if you want it. its got how to pull the diff apart and stuff if that helps you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    hey mate iv got a copy of the s2000 service manual PDF if you want it. its got how to pull the diff apart and stuff if that helps you.
    Id love a copy of that
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by sambalam View Post
    Id love a copy of that
    http://www.vtec.net/

From memory has the link there.... somewhere..
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by sambalam View Post
    Id love a copy of that
    sure mate. PM me ur email and ill send it to yaaa

lol thanks man i already got it with out it i would not hav been able to set the tensions and clearances in the diff.

im still getting a whining/humming type noise while crusing between 60 and 80kmh, and on decel i get a noise the same as when u put a piece of cardboard between the spokes of ur bmx lol (only way i could describe it) that only happens from 20kmh - 0

i have a 16month old clutch, a 5 month old gear box, 10 month old NEW drive shafts with spacers, and all the bearings in the diff r new. may i remind u this noise only started after a bad night of launching at Calder Park Raceway..............