Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

[CL9] Auto stalling whilst driving

The ongoing saga continues with my 2004 Automatic 167,000km Euro.

I suspect it has something to do with the transmission ?
    The transmission oil hasnt been replaced in probably 30,000km.
    I also know the car being this age, requires the fuel filter to be replaced.

Anyways, what we (driver and passenger) feel in the car is described as a resistance to move forward.
    This feeling only happens when the 10-20% of the accelerator is applied.
    I can only describe it as a chugging feeling where its almost like the front tyres are egged.

It has "stalled" 4 times in the past two weeks.

27/08 = 3 hours before my road trip to Melbourne.
    Going 60km/h slight throttle.. chugg.. chugg car goes into limp mode, check engine light, battery, vsa, traction lights illuminate on the dash, car slows down.
    I stop the car, try to restart, fail. Wait 30 secs and all is normal again.

30/08 = After a 2000km round trip to Melbourne and back the car stalls at a set of traffic lights 2kms from home.
    This time the car went into limp mode from a standstill.

04/09 = Driving on M4 110km/h severe chugg ... chugg, car slows down. I pull over and the car restarts fine.

10/09 = Driving 60km/h slight chugg... chugg, car goes into limp mode. Restarts first go.

I doubt anyone else has experienced this issue, hope all the other owners of the older 2003/2004 cars arent going through what i am.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    sounds like a major check up lol - get it check mate not healthy for the car

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    I had the same thing and it turned out to be it was water in my fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    If the transmission is problematic it would make some seriously disturbing sounds when you're driving. I would stop driving your car right now and take it to a reputable mechanic for a thorough checkup to avoid further damage.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    I had the same thing and it turned out to be it was water in my fuel.
    How was your issue resolved ? When you say water in the fuel, did you find out how water entered the fuel tank ? bad petrol ?

I've bought the replaceable parts for servicing this week i.e transmission oil + fuel filter, we'll see how it goes ! *fingers crossed*
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute