Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

reasonable price?

Hi Guy, my friend is going to buy a 2008 civic vti-l from carsale. The car has traveled 44000kms and comes with features like spoiler, fog light, reverse parking sensor, tinted windows and air filter. The seller is asking for 19000. is it a good deal? (black color, automatic transmission).

thanks in advance.

You should scout prices around carsales or drive. Find similar results and compare the prices, rego, condition, history, accidents, etc. As far as i know, extras shouldnt make that much price difference unless they are aftermarket or expensive oem parts. The parts you have mentioned are in almost every car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyonite View Post
    Hi Guy, my friend is going to buy a 2008 civic vti-l from carsale. The car has traveled 44000kms and comes with features like spoiler, fog light, reverse parking sensor, tinted windows and air filter. The seller is asking for 19000. is it a good deal? (black color, automatic transmission).

thanks in advance.
    Hmm.. considering even a 2010 Civic LE is gonna cost about 27k driveaway, I think that price is quite reasonable. The only main thing that is missing compared to the civic LE is the bluetooth. However, with the Vti-L, you also get audio controls which fills up the odd gap in the steering wheel :P I reckon 19k would be a reasonable price *could try bargaining it down to 18-18.5k* Does it have full service history?

Chan 87

full service history at eastern honda. rego expires may2011

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyonite View Post
    full service history at eastern honda. rego expires may2011
    Hmm.. that seems like a pretty decent deal I guess considering you wouldn't need to worry about rego for another 7-8 months.. Have you checked out the car in person yet? Gotta see the bodywork etc and hear/feel the drive to determine

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    For that price get an 06-07 sport!

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    its a reasonable deal if in great condition and regularly serviced

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    It is really great deal of 08 VTI-L with regular service and good care, 44,000km is not much for the 08 version (saying that normal 20k/year). The only concern is with black colour, you gonna be very careful to take care of otherwise scratch, swir and other will be visible easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    For that price get an 06-07 sport!
    for that price he can get many things... even better than a sport. performance is lacking in these civics, but its not much better in a civic sport.
    the 8th gens are good practical family cars. great for driving day to day.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Bro bought the base model brand new last year for 21K =] has the tints, mats etc. but no spoiler or fog lights...
    Last edited by androo; 20-09-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Grammar

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    brand new vti m/t will cost you around 22k...if your friend is gonna finance it...the monthly re-payment difference of 19k and 22k is minimal...so ill go with the brandnew..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Bought 07 vti with 55k on the clock for $13k, had spoiler and reverse sensor, tint - add another $100-200 for fog lights, $250 for the speaker controls on the steering wheel, and whatever you want for rims and it's exactly the same.

IMO If you're going to spend 19k get the sport or get something else. The differences between the VTi and VTi-L are really not worth much at all, especially if you like to DIY.