Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch

Problems Mounting my B18c

Hey guys... Ive got abit of a problem on my hands.

Im in the process of swaping in a B18c2 from my crashed 97 integra into an 1995 Gli Civic( AUTO trans) hatching back.

I read millions of times all you need is B series mounts. And so ive collected myself a full set. They are all from vti-r dc2 im pretty sure with my right engine mounts being from a typeR this being the only exception...

I lowered the engine in with its mounts down into the engine bay. We attached the very bottom rear gearbox mount first as it was the hardest to get in.

I then raised the engine using the crane and a jack under the gear box. The right hand mount slid into into spot. HOWEVER on the left hand side the gearbox hit on the rail before it was in the mount completly. I cant get the motor into its mounts before it hits the rail.

Also with the engine near the mount it looks like the motor sits very high....
    You can also see that even if one side mount was in the other wouldnt line up.

With the right hand side mount in it looks like the motor is on an angle compared to the mount. As the mount is angled to the font of the car and the motor mount is straight...

Sorry I dont have a photo of the left mount in. But with the mount removed and the engine lowered about an inch it looks ok.... the gear box sitting under the rail and the motor doesnt sit as heigh...
    With the motor sitting in its right hand mount and the left pulled up as far as it will go. It looks like the motor sits way to heigh... I wounder if the bonnet would close....

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME.

Is the gear box ment to slot into that litte recess on the rail ? or sit under it? ( on the left hand side)
    Do you use B Series mounts all round?
    Is there any difference between B series mount? DC and say eg6 mounts?
    Is there any code on the mounts I can tell if they are deff B series ?
    I dont think it should matter that the EG was auto and now im sticking in a manual....

I think it can be one of two things.
    Either I have the wrong mounts..... They look the same as my old teg ones.... and they have 95 teg written on them...
    Or two. Somthing got bent in the crash. However a motor cant bend..... The head/block and gearbox are alloy. Alloy doesnt bend....So my only thought is that the metal bracket on the right hand side of the motor might be bent.... or the big rear bracket gearbox might also be bent.. this sitting the motor on a funny angle...
    HOWEVER this doesnt explane how the motor sites this heigh and that the gear box hits before it gets into the left hand mount...

Im sorry this is all so hard to explane.

Why wont it fit ;(

Last edited by Vtecyo; 13-09-2010 at 08:56 PM.
    -Rep'in-

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    i was under the impression that the drivers side mount bracket is different, therefore needs to be cut off, an re-weld a manual mount bracket.. [[danny]] should be able to confirm

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Yup the auto mounting bracket on the chassis is different to the manual, you need to reposition the bracket or use this mount.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    both are correct,

i would go with the hasport mount as Egdeauto suggested.

rep points given

Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch
    thanks so much for ur advice fellas!

So the auto chassis is differnt to a manual
    I was hoping not to use expensive mounts.
    Is that mount from hasport my only option without doing a dodgy cut and move/ make a bracket?
    This drivers side mount is the only differnt one ? I could use B Series for the rest? But i guess ill need hasport to match....

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Vtecyo; 14-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    -Rep'in-

since u got a wrecked Dc2, just weld in your dc2 one to your eg so then u can use the stock mounts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    since u got a wrecked Dc2, just weld in your dc2 one to your eg so then u can use the stock mounts.
    Weld what into the eg?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    ^^^The transmission mount bracket that is welded to the car's chasis...

Just buy the hasport conversion mount. You ll need to drill out the weld spots and reweld if you re-use the dc2 mount bracket.
    mugen無限power

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    you need someone proper to weld it or else it'll snap off. or even better.

cut off the weld spots on the dc2 transmission mount.

drill holes into it and drill holes into the e.g chassis and bolt it on.

as the weld im assuming would not be as strong as oem welding. and after you bolt it, its up to you if u want to weld it aswell.

cheapest way of doing it and safer then just spot welding it onto the e.g chassis.

i.e use bolts aswell.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Hasport made a special mount for EG civic - automatic chasis . This will give you a perfect fitment without any hassle as they are bolt on process.
    You cant run normal mounts from DC2
    We are Hasport distributor for Australia.
    PM for more details
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED Hatch
    if you dont want to buy mounts, unpick the spot welds on the dc2 bracket, and weld it to the civic chassis. Anyone who is good with a MIG should be able to get this done. Just dont be a d!ck and flux core it like i have seen done before....
    ::Street Level::

Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    Unforchantly most mounts including the trans bracket got pretty smashed up in the crash. So using my old dc2 bracket isnt an option.
    Ive got a mate who is a good welder but i dont think im gonna walk down the dodgy road lol.Save the dodgy work for my Ke70 :P.

Does this Hasport mount sit the motor heaps lower then the B series mount ? Thats a main concern of mine... Anyone have past experience with it? Any photos.

PMed Mr EG5

ALSO

In reguards to wirring... Im going to be running what I think is a OBD2a ECU with my b18c2. Not sure if I will need a cervertion to OBD1 harness... Does the fact my interior loom is from an AUTO car affect this at all?
    Ive found write ups on how to hook up the reverise lights and the 'car is in park' key lock feature...
    But yeh any ideas ?

Cheers guys
    -Rep'in-