Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

DC4 w/ JDM B18CR

Hello Fellow members,

I own a dc4 Integra, and being my first car, it has been an asset to my driving experience, although the car is automatic transmission, performance hasn't been a matter to me, but throughout my time spent on ozhonda, many threads containing builds with just completely rewarding results has inspired me to push my car standards further, im very open minded and i have always admired the more superior class of the integra, the integra type-R. I've considered many options, to sell my car and save up for an ITR, however, i'd rather invest amounts of money like that towards education or a house.

So i've come to my only option, which is to swap my engine completely with a JDM b18CR, along with a transmission conversion all in one go, i've read a fair amount on converting my B18B to an LS/VTEC, but my knowledge and time is limited, in comparison to a straight swap. Im searching for any further advice regarding this situation. I've grown to admire my car, to date my car has gone through the following modifications, (which mostly consist of cosmetic changes):

-98+ Facelift front bar w/Genuine ITR Lip and Headlights
    -98+ Rear Bar
    -X-force cannon exhaust w/ Silencer
    -Lowered King Springs
    -16x7 Rota Boost Wheels
    -ITR 99-01 Airbag Steering Wheel
    -6000k HID Kit Slim Ballasts
    -Push Start Conversion
    -Alarm System w/ Remote Start
    -Audio Setup, inc. clarion head-unit/amp/sub

As you can see most of these mods have been done to improve the look, and comfortability whilst driving. I'm aware that this operation may seem a waste to some, but once you have a car to start with, and have just put too much money and TLC, you become attached. I'm pretty keen on doing a swap to entail on a different path, this way i'd be paying slightly lower than what a ITR goes for nowadays. First of all, I'll need a list of what i need to source, i'm starting from scratch and any advice or any valid input would be appreciated, i have a brief knowledge of what needs to be done, although, there must be someone in these forums that has done this.

Thanks All,
    Hope i can get your support on this one, it would be a fun experience, i may even consider doing a build thread.

God Bless

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    first of all, i would suggest you to sell ur car. then just get an itr, it will be easier and you will get a better built car for abit extra. Resale value will be alot better and the car will be in generally better condition being a newer car. Type R's don't go for that much now a days anyway.

But if you do plan on doing the conversion, it is best if you were to get a DC2R front cut. Everything will be there for a straight forward conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Thats very true, and still considering, absolutely that will save the troubles....hmmmm....definitely needs heavy thinking,
    but i do like the spec on the b18CR motor.

which one would be more costly?

I think u need to look at teh differences in the actuall cars them self.

DC2R is a better over all stock package to start, if you plan to go extensive suspension, motor, wegith reduction and such then u need to seriously consider both options and costs involved.

I picked up my GSI with a B18cR motor at a good price with some very attractive mods so from a cash point of view it was worth it for me.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Cheers man, i dont think i'll be sitting in any other car soon, so all my attention is going towards this project
    hows the car anyway man, still in your possession? Must be a treat to drive

sell your car and buy my JDM ITR yellow. Ill hook you up with a good price

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    dennis, i felt the same way wit my Accord wagon.. i wanna drop a H22A and convert it to manual.. i really wanted to do it because its rare u wont see accord wagon any where u go..doing the motor swap and auto to manual conversion will be a thing because its an upgrade from what you have.. But the question is that are you gonna do it all your self or somebody gonna do it for you? because labour will kill you.. and one of the reason ppl do engine swap and gear box swap is to learn how to do it.. a project.. there will be a lot of money involve in this process.. plus u will loose a daily car unless u have a daily car.. so u can leave ur teg jacked up and u have another car to go around and to pick up parts that you need. but i agree with G stick.. ITR is not that bad these days.. plus the resell value will be different even you say its has b18 jdm spec on it..

ill speak to you when i drop by..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    cheers boys, lol i think im heading towards buying a dc2r....too early to decide actually...but im open-minded however, very indecisive. Phuong! Thanks heaps bro

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    either way you are spending money. Now you are extremely well spoken so im assuming you are relatively intelligent

1) Spending the 5k+ on converting your car's driveline, including ancillaries such as pedal boxers, clutch boosters etc etc etc may be great for you. But given you are talking aout investing in education and houses etc etc, i though you may be interested in the fact that such an investment into a base model Integra will never be recoverable. You may as well go out and have a huge weekend and blow it.
    2) You note that you admire the DC2R. The DC2R is not just a driveline. The entire shell has slight differences that increase structural rigidity, dound deadening is remove and different window glass is used to remove weight etc etc etc. I guess what im getting at is that the car is different.

My opinion, given the number of them out there, and the prices they are going for (even thought 80% are raped) selling your car for 5k, then finding another 5-10 to buy a DC2R is not a deal breaker given studying will cost you 20k a year, and to buy property you need a 10% deposit which means you need at least 30k to get into anything decent in this city anyway...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    either way you are spending money. Now you are extremely well spoken so im assuming you are relatively intelligent

A very pleasant post to read, unlyk da ppl dat type lyk dis

1) Spending the 5k+ on converting your car's driveline, including ancillaries such as pedal boxers, clutch boosters etc etc etc may be great for you. But given you are talking aout investing in education and houses etc etc, i though you may be interested in the fact that such an investment into a base model Integra will never be recoverable. You may as well go out and have a huge weekend and blow it.
    2) You note that you admire the DC2R. The DC2R is not just a driveline. The entire shell has slight differences that increase structural rigidity, dound deadening is remove and different window glass is used to remove weight etc etc etc. I guess what im getting at is that the car is different.

My opinion, given the number of them out there, and the prices they are going for (even thought 80% are raped) selling your car for 5k, then finding another 5-10 to buy a DC2R is not a deal breaker given studying will cost you 20k a year, and to buy property you need a 10% deposit which means you need at least 30k to get into anything decent in this city anyway...
    I would say its more than 80% that are raped.
    I hope you kep up the love with your example Zilli

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    i dont think ive seen a auto to manual swap done in australia in a DC4, as ive herd its quite hard you need to put holes were the shifter goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    i dont think ive seen a auto to manual swap done in australia in a DC4, as ive herd its quite hard you need to put holes were the shifter goes.
    not just putting holes where the shifter goes and clutch..

just like BluEG said but this is for the ek but procedure wont make a difference

Parts needed as im doing it atm to a auto EJ8 i picked up for dirt cheap.

-gearbox
    -gearbox mounts
    -vss
    -manual pedal assembly
    -clutch master cylinder
    -slave cylinder
    -clutch line from master to slave
    -clutch/flywheel
    -manual flywheel bolts (auto ones are too short)
    -manual starter motor and bolts.
    -shift linkage/shifter/gear boot

depending on engine
    -manual intake manifold/throttle body
    -manual ecu

think that is most of it.
    only worth doing if you source the parts cheap and do the work yourself.
    should cost between $500 and $1000 depending where you get parts from.

check out these links for more info/pics

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1337459
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=550221
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread...ight=automatic
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...n-for-1999-ek1

but not just engine gearbox stuff.. how bout interior.. recaro seats vs standard honda ones.. i am sure theres more difference.. thats one of the main i could think off