Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    tried swearing at it? kicking the tyre? giving it evils? "puttin the staunch on it"?

did u do any mods to the car before it happened? touch anythin under the bonnet around the same time it started doing it?
    I did launch it hard a couple of times the night before this started to happen.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I don't know, its a possibility.

maybe something you already have ruled out but over looked.
    Yeah possibility of the distributer that I overlooked...

I'll tell you about my experiences.

Even when you try your leads on another car and it works properly, it doesn't mean it works on your car. (eg. b16a it worked, b18c, it didn't, don't ask how, don't know, just the way it is.)

spark pkugs look fine? change them anyway.....

obd0 resistor box for the injectors. wires were loose. doesn't apply to you cos you're b18cr.

bad fuel, good running when full tank, bad when near empty.

does it sound like running on 3 cylinders or is just choking?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    I changed to new copper spark plugs already at the start of problem. Car doesn't sound as rough as its running on 3 cylinders... sounds a little choking
    Last edited by zropts; 18-09-2010 at 12:30 PM.

recheck the whole fuel system from tank to injectors.

thats what i would do from the information I have.

don't overlook anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    a full engine coolant flush was also undertaken a few days before this started to happen. Now coolant is escaping from the cap. I'm sure the cap is like 2-3 years old. Cap is 1.1. Could it also be the coolant temperture or ecu coolant plug gone? Or could it be that coolant is escaping and the ecu can't read the right tempertures thus causing the car/engine to jerk?
    Last edited by zropts; 17-09-2010 at 12:52 PM.

highly unlikely

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    thanks, that 1 less to worry about.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    hmm i'm experiencing the same kind of thing, there's this sputtering between 2k and 4k rpm, it's guzzling a lot of fuel than before, i changed my spark plugs and there was a lot of carbon build up on cyl 2 and 3, but 1 and 4 looked ok

this happened to me too, turned out my spark plugs were wet from washing the bay...

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Check it any grounding points have become loose.

it may not struggle when u start up but if you are driving and shifting it might bounce around and cause engine to struggle due to engine movement.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    Check it any grounding points have become loose.

it may not struggle when u start up but if you are driving and shifting it might bounce around and cause engine to struggle due to engine movement.
    Ground points... hmmm... can be, true my car doesnt struggle when first starting car but runs a tiny rough like its choking...

if what you'e saying is correct this can save alot of $$$ diagnosing problem... hope it is! Checked Honda-tech and there are absolute NO ANSWERS to problems like these (for all model types) lol!